/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contact with me, Madoka!! (Spoilerific)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by PotteryWalrus, Jan 15, 2016.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Because we all hate the little bastard, right?

So I was looking for a thread about the series Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and there didn't seem to be an active one, so...

Urgh I don't even want to talk about the third movie, but omg. This is definitely one of my favourite anime of all time, and one of the only Magical Girl series I have ever watched, definitely the only one I've watched to completion.

Since it's old enough now, I figure spoilers are fairly out there? Unless they're not, in which case I'm sorry. Anyway, I was hooked at the first sight of that gorgeous collage-chaos that is a Witch's Barrier, how about you guys?

• Like x 6
  2. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

The third movie was fucking fantastic and weird and I'm not sure if I love it ironically or not

• Like x 3
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i don't know when i got hooked, really, but madoka <3 homura is probably my absolute fave pmmm thing. definitely my fave pmmm ship. just yeah, the way homura is so devoted to madoka and how it is a major driving force behind the plot... i love it. :D homura's probably my fave pmmm character.

• Like x 6
  4. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

Isn't there something new coming out, I swear I saw a bunch of gifs the other day but couldn't track down where they were from, and google isn't helping rn ugh

• Like x 3
  5. PotteryWalrus

Augh Homura you beautiful disaster I love her so much you have no idea. (Like she was one of my favourite characters in my first watch-through even when she was being cryptic and mysterious for no apparent reason - nowadays I have a deep appreciation for someone with a genuinely Good Soul like Madoka but I just... urgh Time players y u fuck up so bad XD)

• Like x 4
  6. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i love pmmm especially for fucking with the usual cheery happy triumphant tone of the genre so much! therre is also a bunch of secrets (like the runes) which i find intriguing!

• Like x 6
  7. PotteryWalrus

You know, I never got around to learning how to read Witch-script. For some reason they're more scary to me when they're incomprehensible. (And wow does this series do Other and Eldritch well - I get fucking chills every time I see one of those things XD)

• Like x 4
  8. PotteryWalrus

(Also who else shipped Sayaka<3<Kyoko like the wind?)

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 2
  9. unknownanonymous

i remember being so confused when i first started looking at madoka fandom stuff and seeing people refer to stuff like witch's names that i didn't remember being mentioned - which turned out to be 'cause i didn't know how to read witch-script and wasn't even aware it was actually readable. like, i thought those names and stuff were popular headcanons or eu material, not actual anime canon.

• Like x 3
  10. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

This is the first ive heard of this. Brb must research.

• Like x 3
  11. PotteryWalrus

(Also every time I click over to a different tab while on this thread I can see Kyubey peering at me. what the fuck have I done D:)

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
  12. unknownanonymous

make a contract with me, @lilacsofthedead!

13. PotteryWalrus

Pfft, don't you start <3

• Like x 1
  14. unknownanonymous

:D couldn't help myself

• Like x 1
  15. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

This thread got me watching the movies tonight, and I just got to this part in the second one

And I can't even be upset because this youtube is all I can think of

• Like x 1
  16. Aya-non

Aya-non Well-Known Member

Here's the article I read about it; it's not very informative though, and I haven't seen anything more detailed since.

I love this show and its vague literary allusions and weird symbolism and trippy animation and inversion of magical girl tropes...and then there's my weakness for time travel in all its forms. So, yeah, I am totally up to talk about the magical girl show.

• Like x 2
  17. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

SFDebris' reviews of the series are kind of hilarious because when he starts out, he hasn't watched much anime before and so doesn't really appreciate it, and then his review of episode 10 is mostly a melodramatic AMV tribute to Homura because he can't even.

Also I love the third movie mostly for turning the cheek-nuzzling thing into a reminder of despair. It's not quite FMA doggirl levels of ruined forever, but it's pretty great.

Most of my PMMM consumption these days is in the form of To the Stars, because worldbuilding.

• Like x 7
  18. PotteryWalrus

Okay so I've started that fic now and I can't seem to stop. Tell me it's at least finished?

• Like x 1
  19. Aya-non

Aya-non Well-Known Member

@lilacsofthedead Nope, but you've got 44 chapters to read, apparently? (I don't read a lot of Madoka fic, but I went to check it out, out of sheer curiosity. I might read it eventually.)

• Like x 4
  20. unknownanonymous

yeeees! i love to the stars!!! :D:D:D:D

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice