1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

NSFW 18+ Dramatis Transformae - How Many Ways Can I Write Robots Crying

Discussion in 'Dramatis Transformae' started by Nichrome of Iacon, May 6, 2016.

1. Updraft

Updraft While you fought I studied the Organics (18+)

He really didn't care much, he'd known plenty of people who'd gotten rebuilds or mods of all sorts and at least Nichrome's looked well executed, not like some back alley hackjob. He didn't comment on it, or stared. "All good, I really should have expected it, it isn't like I have been living like a priest during the war." He took another sip, this time prepared for the sting of it and savouring it. "I will just have to get used to it again. Aside, 'too drunk to think' is sort of the goal of this endeavor" And sooner rather than latter so really this was the stuff for it.

2. Nichrome of Iacon

Nichrome of Iacon Co-Captain, Decepticon Representative | 18+

"I do have things in that stash that are a little more artful, you know. I just like things simple and mean usually, the noble mech stuff is mostly to see if I can. An exercise in reverse engineering recipes and mixtures. Not that it's needed, I bet there's some boltbrains in the Autobots that were professional distillers in Iacon before the war who actually know what they're doing."
    There was no bitterness in his voice at all. None.
    "Maybe one day I'll get bored of doing inadvisable things and settle down with a bar. Not likely, but who knows."

3. Updraft

"Hmmm, I am familiar with the sentiment." He flickered his wings, the inlay work catching the light. He'd just wanted to know if he could, and then if he could do it well. "There is a certain triumph in figuring out how to do something without being taught"
    Another fan-stilling sip of engex. "I think you are doing quite well and if you do get around to opening a bar, do let me know, yes? I missed it" Admittedly, he'd missed many things but sometimes it was the creature comforts that stung most.

4. Nichrome of Iacon

"That must have been very lonely if you missed the kind of booze cobbled together in barrack lockers after double shifts. None of your centipedes able to make booze?" It as a weak attempt at a joke, but nevertheless bad jokes were probably better than wallowing.
    "I don't know. I'm not meant for a civilian life I'd guess. Had too much of that to last me an eternity. Being a horrortale for little sparklings fits me better. If I start a bar I might have customers and amongst those customers may be someone like Brainstorm and then I'd have to shoot the whole thing into the nearest sun and change my designation to escape the memory of existing in the same room as him without him cowering at my pedes over my obvious superiority in intellect."

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. Updraft

"You got no idea how lonely" He snorted. "Booze yes, but not the kind drinkable for Cybertronians. Though watching drunk birds is its own form of entertainment, especially if they try to land on your wings and need five tries to stay on there without slowly sliding off"
    His wings flickered in amusement. "Ah but what if he does cower at your pedes? You could enjoy the great feeling of using him as a chair. Add to the tales of sparkling horror with your new faithful transport that you can load the young ones onto before carrying them to the next black hole or something?"

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  6. Nichrome of Iacon

Nichrome laughed, tipping his now empty cup in Updraft's direction in lieu of pointing.
    "I believe there is more than one bit of cleverly hidden and very artfully anonymized fiction dealing with such 'collaborations' of enemy science divisions, and last I checked being caught with anything involving bad puns on Brainstorm's name was punishable by having to read for the whole class. No need to encourage any of that. Besides, last I saw the mech he was all angles and points, no good surface for perching anywhere in sight. But his guns are a sight to behold I suppose. As are all the weapons the scrappers of the Kimia Ethics Committee decided to veto, I bet. One of our agents uncovered a few lists of items to be discussed during various meetings that involved a truly ludicrous amount of projects that never saw the light of day. No one found the plans for those yet though."
    He sounded unreasonably annoyed by this. He just wanted to check them over out of curiosity. Nothing worse than that. He wouldn't even build a prototype or anything.

• Winner x 1
  7. Updraft

"I might have come across some. I do seem to remember, quite dimly, quite a bit of lurid writing about high command as a whole, and anyone else who managed to draw attention" He snorted.
    "I suppose if he is too pointy you would have to settle for 'carried on his hands' and that might have its own downsides." Another sip of engex, and even with his size, he could all but feel it starting to cloud his processor. Which was exactly what he'd wanted.
    "With all due respect, Captain, I think your work doesn't need the help, you are clearly capable of enough destruction as is." His voice was neutral, a little amused. Oh he'd seen what Nichrome was responsible for, had maybe dug a little on purpose, but... war was like that, and both sides had gotten up to absolutely horrible stuff. Plus Nichrome didn't seem to be out for planetary destruction at the moment. His opinion had nothing to do with the fact that Nichrome pinged so much carrier coding that he had to stomp on regularly. He wanted to like him, and well so far it had been easy to do so, recent reading or not.

• Like x 1
  8. Nichrome of Iacon

"A medic that isn't mortally offended I levelled a couple planets? Novel, I'll give you that. I try to mostly keep the things I actually build to self defense weapons nowadays. Sleek, effective, but most importantly not delivering mass destruction and relatively discreet."
    He did not mention the fact that he still drafted up massive, horrifying weapons, but he knew enough about safety and anti espionage measures to keep them where they could not get taken by anyone who'd do horrible things with them. He also felt no need to point out that he slagging well knew that most mechs' definition of 'discreet' stopped several orders of magnitude before 'small tactical explosives'. Other people merely did not have a sense of style.

9. Updraft

"I would strongly prefer if no additional planets got leveled by anyone, but I cannot change anything that already happened and I... feel like I cannot exactly pass judgement for a lot of the things that did happen when I wasn't around for any of it. I never had to make any of these choices and it doesn't seem fair to me to rag on the people who did." He emptied his cube in one go, letting it burn all the way down. "If anything, command is too blame for it, though I would not say that to /their/ faces." Could he get more engex? He felt like he needed it.
    "Well, to Lo- Megatron maybe. Provided there were a lot obstacles in the way." That came out a little more bitter than intended perhaps.

10. Nichrome of Iacon

"Well Lord Starscream and Lord Soundwave did their best with what they had available and aren't horrible traitors to the cause, so they don't deserve getting ragged on. I'd say it to Shockwave's face though. Absolutely would. Pits you would have to stop me from saying it should I come near him. But then I always wanted to fight the slagger. That would need a lot more barrier than yelling at the Buckethead does, I'd bet."
    He says it very cheerfully, and with inappropriate amounts of glee. And also immediately gets up to fish another bottle out of the compartment behind the door, this one almost iridescent with golden flakes dancing in it when turned a little. Something classy. Updraft deserved classy things. The thought that it is probably inappropriate to flirt with the poor guy this shortly after he got out of complete isolation briefly crosses Nichrome's mind but is practically immediately swept aside. It wasn't flirting to provide companionship while he dealt with the worst parts of catching up with the rets of the cosmos. So that was an excellent reason for, instead of returning to the desk chair, turning to clamber up on the berth besides Updraft. In the interest of easier drink sharing. Obviously.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. Updraft

"The best parts of high command, yes" He snorts out a laugh. "Oh by all means, do fight Shockwave, I am sure you aren't the only one who wants to" Hm. "come to think of it, I might want to, too. On a matter of principle." Because wow yeah fuck him and all of everything he had caught up with recently.
    He is immediately distracted from the line of thought by the very fancy looking bottle. "That looks expensive, I feel like I should get a paint touch up before being allowed to drink that" Though his currently coat was holding up remarkably well, he really owed Whisperwind.
    Also whelp, Minibot right next to him, and that requires more squashing of 'HUG!!' reflexes, except that the engex has gone to his processors a little bit already, which was absolutely the only excuse he had on why his free hand ends up around Nichrome's back. This is such a terrible idea with his captain. And yet his hand stubbornly stays where it is.

• Like x 1
  12. Nichrome of Iacon

His plating briefly clamped down before flaring right back out comfortably. Alright. He could work with that. It didn't escape Nichrome just how much surface area Updraft's hand covered and that was maybe a tiny bit distracting, but Updraft's comment on the bottle necessitated more drastic measures.
    He raised an optic ridge, then very deliberately retracted his battle mask to take the seal off the bottle with his dentae.
    ... Using one of the holes in his cheek for that, of course. To top this very deliberate display of unculturedness off he took a swig straight frm the bottle before holding it out to Updraft.
    "No need for paint touch ups here, unless you want to do them for fun later. Drinking booze from wall stashes is a strictly No-Tie-Event."

• Winner x 2
  13. Updraft

He almost took his hand back because oh Primus it was a terrible idea, except Nichrome did obviously not take offense in it. And then Nichrome did that bottle-opening thing and wow that was distracting as pits and his fans totally only spun up because the engex was getting to him and it had nothing at all to do with that display.
    He took the bottle and took as swig as well - by necessity bigger than what Nichrome had taken. It was a very different feeling, still burning but smoother and richer. "oh. Oh this is great. Also that it's a no-tie-event because I don't think I could get any touchups in time. Might need them later though" It occurred to him a moment late that what he'd meant - because I'm not used to engex anymore and there's a decent chance I'll scrape my wings on things - might not be what Nichrome took from that line but too late now, which only made him fluster worse and send his fans up another notch by sheer embarrassment.
    "sorry, sorry that came out wrong"

14. Nichrome of Iacon

Nichrome had to bite down on his first response ("Aww, well that's a shame it came out wrong, I think it sounded pretty right") and instead casually leaned into Updraft's side, patting his knee casually.
    "It'd be very hypocritical of me to take offense, believe me. You're more than fine. Besides, most people cannot keep up with me when it comes to holding the engex, so you're in great company getting flustered and buzzed."
    He grinned, taking another swig from the bottle before stretching out a little more. Updraft was... nice. Solid and big and flatteringly impressed with his little leisure projects. Someone else who could help prepare the crew for when they inevitably got to the Organics and their silly council. Yes. This was entirely a good captain looking out for a valuable crew member.

15. Updraft

Oh, that was... that ok. more than ok really, it felt good to have some leaned against him like that, especially someone small, and his hand was still there against Nichrome's back, which also felt very right.
    "I- thank you. I don't think I could avoid either, right now" He took another mouthful of the engex, savouring it. It was a great way to keep more silly things from falling out of his mouth, and the warmth of the drink seemed to be spreading along his lines, slow but steady. "Don't think I want to avoid either, actually" No, flustered and buzzed sounded roundabout perfect.

16. Nichrome of Iacon

"You're gonna make an old con's fans run doubletime, you charmer," Nichrome teased lightly, stretching out more comfortably. Probably best to keep the flirting very very light and companionable, Updraft was... probably a little too fragile and intoxicated to make great decisions right now. And Nichrome wasn't nearly overcharged enough to make terrible decisions for him. But it still seemed like the poor guy needed to get cuddles with his drinks. And Nichrome was more than happy to provide those. The reports that needed reading and replying to lay all but forgotten in his subspace.

• Winner x 1
  17. Updraft

He snorted, wings flickering in amusement instead of the suppressed shiver they'd started with. "I've been led to believe that old just means more experienced" He was in absolutely no state to make great decisions, or even good ones, but flirting was... that was fine, apparently? The captain didn't seem to mind and cuddles were good and they could just...keep at that, for that a while.
    Right until his processor had managed to circle back around to why they were drinking really good engex in his room to begin with. "How...how did you cope with finding out? I mean, presumably I'm not the only who decided that 'outragously drunk, right now' was a good response" But how else were you supposed to be coping with That?
    But then again it wasn't any of his business, was it? "Wait, never mind forgot I asked, 's not my business"

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like x 1
  18. Nichrome of Iacon

"... I don't mind. It's part of my job, being representative and all, I guess. Though, really, that was not a good showing. I locked myself in my hab for multiple shifts, started a screaming match with Life Support and then punched him, and made Jetski terribly mad at me. It was really quite embarrassing all told."
    He shrugged awkwardly, plating resettling with a little shiver of unease.
    "Would have probably been better if I had just drunk myself to unconsciousness, though I probably made medbay worry for me a lot, given the only energon in my hab at the time was some of these stashes. So... not too far from blackout overcharged, or as close as I ever get."
    He lookd back up to Updraft slightly.
    "Really you're handling this remarkably well, in comparison to Reffy using the vents to traverse the ship rather than risking being in the same room as an Autobot, the almost rampage from our resident dinoformer, and my silly mess."

• Winner x 1
  19. Updraft

He listened, wings tilting down. Yeah that sounded about what he'd expected. Well, maybe even less extreme then what he'd expected...
    "Oh give it a shift or two to really settle in" He took another swig from the bottle. "and the fact that I've been out of active combat for a long while so i guess.... guess I'm less likely to get screaming fits at 'Bots" Though honestly he's always been able to function under pressure like this. Keep up appearances and do the job that needed doing, to the point of complete exhaustion and then a little bit further too. Focusing himself on another task until he didn't have the resources to think about the upsetting thing anymore had gotten him through a lot of things, and his ability to keep being a polite member of society until he had a nice safe, lonely spot to fall apart in and spark for a day had gotten him through the rest.
    "Though I guess someone should check on me if I start not leaving the lab anymore. Just to make sure I eat. And recharge"

20. Nichrome of Iacon

"I'll try to come by occassionally, or send Kickstart. He wants an excuse to hang around your plants anyways, from how his reports keep cycling back around to that when Focal makes him write them. He was stationed on Earth during the war and picked up some strange hobbies as a result." Nichrome looked up to Updraft, trying to figure out if this topic shift would help or not. Hard to tell. But usually lighter and simpler topics went over better for these kinds of things. It was worth a try at least.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice