1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

NSFW 18+ OOC/Planning: Cybertronian Theater Club

Discussion in 'Dramatis Transformae' started by MagicalBoy, Apr 28, 2016.

1. .

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    • Like x 1
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Okay yeah deffo put me down with Nichrome the mad scientist
    S/he is definitly Decepticon if we do post war teambuilding roadtrip and basically sent because "What can go wrong he's a non-combatant" (HAHAHAHAHA)
    since post war is still a go I do think the K-Class thing is pretty nice for potential Drama. It'd of course be ~secret~ and Nichrome would totally be liek "No I'm a Monoformer. Stop Asking." possibly because of the whole Megatron thing?

• Like x 4
  3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Plops self down in thread. Have decided OC's name is Swiftwing, definitely an off-planet cybertronian, though I'm on the fence about whether or not he's a colonist or a NAIL. He's a jet and probably a bit of a prick, but if you actually asked him to Do A Combat he might cry a little because his experience with that is... not much.

edit: Name tweak.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    • Like x 4
  4. IvyLB

as mentioned in the other thread the whole possibility of Nichrome blaming themselves for the incident with Arsenia's amica :'D
    (Also possibility of the whole maybe-not-as-male-as-assumed-thing of Nichrome coming up first due to contact with Arsenia and subsequent crisis of "can i request using she/her pronouns or is that cultural appropriation?" y/n?)

• Like x 4
  5. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants *cries in sports*

My character's name is Life Support because medical bot and what is creativity. He's a medical researcher who got shanghaied into becoming a field medic in the war (irl people who lead medical research projects have to have an MD so I'm going to just apply that here). He'd have to be either Autobot or Decepticon He hated the Functionist government and had no very strong faction feelings, but became an Autobot by default because he's not a fan of terrorist tactics and doesn't mind organics. His alt mode is a piece of life support equipment (how the fuck does cybertronian medicine work, I am going to be doing a lot of handwaving and converting from human medicine) and that meant that his research opportunities were curtailed under the previous regime even though he was still doing something medical.

His personality can best be described as Weaponized Nice. He's on the trip because current Cybertronian politics are not very conducive to doing quiet research and the planet's resources are presumably taxed. He's also pretty done with faction bullshit as a whole I think, just because medics tend to see the nastiest shit, so getting the hell out of the current clusterfuck sounded like a good idea.

Edit: robot dollmakers are a Thing! Which is good because I cannot fucking draw.

Edit 2: edit for clarity of intro
    robot oc idek.jpg

• Like x 3
  6. IvyLB

well if he's autobot we have both factions present so that would be ncie :D

• Like x 1
  7. KingStarscream

I... can't tell if Velocitron has flight alt-modes or if they just know of them through historical data? If they so, I can't imagine they're the Top Tier racers, so that's a potential source of internal conflict. Hmmm.

• Like x 2
  8. IvyLB

best friends or amicas *waggles eyebrows*
    I think I'm pretty happy with this design. it looks a bit buglike for a mech that isn't beastmode buuuuut i think it's passable.
    TPhoto_00086.jpg TPhoto_00087.jpg TPhoto_00088.jpg
    bc the writing is no doubt not readable: the plating in front of Nichrome's mouth is retractable, as is the plating ring over their hands. Nichrome has a bit of a Weird Face and I've not decided yet but there may be a face plate underneath the face guard usually.
    Colorscheme is grey and gold with occassional decepticon purple accents (like the biolights and the badge, obviously, maybe the knee guards and the retractable parts of armor?
    eta: not sure if minicon but I think the proportions might work as a smol scientist.

eta2: definitly minicon, bc smol fighty scientist

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    • Like x 5
  9. IvyLB

ahhhhh :D
    (And I just realized just how terrible the drama potential will be with Arsenia's dead amica and the blaming and hhhhh delicious delicious drama <3)

also fun fact: This character's archetype ALWAYS has an important person in her backstory named variations of "Arsenic" (Arsanaic is Resch's mother, Arsenica is Ophira Reesch/Achromat Nichrome's ancestor) but this would be the first time she would get to actually interact with an Arsenic-named-character and this just amuses me a lol.

• Like x 1
  10. sirsparklepants

Question: other than being a bonding exercise, is there a larger point to the trip? And if not, who's in charge in-story for mission planning and logistics and the like? I'm picturing sort of a Star Trek thing, "to boldly go where no one has gone before" or something being the only overarching directive. Or maybe the ship's trying to spread the word of "no more war, really we mean it" to the rest of the universe so they can get off everyone's shit list? Kind of a floating goodwill ambassador ship or something. (If this was already talked about my bad I don't recall).

• Like x 2
  11. KingStarscream

A mission to the Galactic Council in an attempt to reinstate Cybertron as one of the people not banned from them? And that would be a way to keep things like the Black Box Consortium from fucking up the colonies like they did to poor Prion.

Be a good excuse to have ambassadors from all walks of life too, because obviously we'd need to present a unified front.

• Like x 4
  12. IvyLB

Decepticon Leadership: "We're gonna send the weapons weirdo. Scientists are smart and he's not gonna fuck anything up too much. This one's the one who could literally not be more apathetic about the whole "organics suck" thing."
    Nichrome, later: -has to be stopped from starting a fight with random organics in a bar-

• Like x 2
  13. KingStarscream

Depending on whether or not I run with the Velocitron idea, Swiftwing would probably join her.

"This diplomatic party is a huge success," says no one ever as they have to physically drag ambassadors away while listening to them swearing up a storm. "What a good idea this was."

• Like x 2
  14. Loq

Loq cursed blue crab pincher

As Yet Unnamed linguist was neutral, spent a good chunk of the war just bopping around whatever colonized planets weren't active war zones at the time, looking for whatever fragments and relics of Old Cybertronian* might have survived (or might need rescued). For sake of one less thing to exhaustively research, originally from one of the colonies that hasn't been canonically named yet. (This can be built later, if we need to at all beyond throwing a name on it.) After the end of the war, headed for Cybertron to see if they had any resources, but A) that probably would've been a very short search considering how few mechs still know OC, and B) Too Many People.

Has gotten used to having a whole little shuttle-type science vessel to herself (himself? Should probably pick a gender at some point). Hopes "a few crewmembers" will be easier to deal with than "a library/street/city full of other mechs". Prefers text-based communication to speaking.

Has a spectacularly useless alt-form (have not yet decided between amplifier, microphone, or something else non-combat-ready). Has a ridiculous number of external recording devices (video and photo cameras, microphones, etc).

Physical design to come once I have ideas beyond "faceplate+helm". [goes to look for that robot-maker CDCF was playing with for page 666]

"Mission to the Galactic Council" that gets sidetracked every five seconds because Weird Cool Aliens?

• Like x 3
  15. sirsparklepants

Everyone on-planet is tired of Life Support being quietly disappointed in them. "Maybe if we send him, the council will feel bad enough about their life choices to reconsider. And if not, at least he won't be here to shake his head and tell us he was sure we were capable of better."

My favorite character type to play with is definitely 'bubbly and polite, everyone is shocked at how judgemental and bitchy they get when they're comfortable.' I'm planning on playing Life Support as kind of a steel magnolia type. He's probably going to have a big issue with trying to put the past behind him as fast as possible and getting irrationally upset when other people are still understandably hung up on the war, himself included. He made a great medical researcher because he thinks of people, their bodies and their minds, as beautiful machinery it's fun to explore. Which can be very good or very bad depending on the situation.

Also I am 300% for cool planet exploration. Alien cultures and culture shock are The Most Fun parts of sci-fi.

• Like x 5
  16. IvyLB

Yessssss cool planet exploration sidetracks are the best!
    Also I feel like Nichrome will be like, grudgingly looking up to Life Support but also still call him "Autobot" for at least half their first year
    that will be like literally teh one organic race Nichrome is kinda charmed by. Usually her opinion of organics is "but they're so FRAGILE and BORING." directly followed by the equally common "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT THE DECPTICONS/THIS SHIP/SOUNDWAVE/MY FRIENDS U SQUISHY PUNK?"

• Like x 2
  17. Loq

okay fuck drawing mechs, @sirsparklepants where did you find a robot dollmaker? My google-fu is failing and I need something to play with that isn't my own screaming brain

...also I was translating random words into latin in the hopes that something would stick (for a name) and so far the one thing that would be a great pun and also sounds nice... is the root of "loquacious," which is what my original username was a pun on. he l p

• Like x 2
  18. IvyLB

Nichrome has absolutely no ambition whatsoever to be captain, which would only make it more hilarious if a triple co-captainhood of one Neutral representative, one decepticon rep and one autobot rep were to be arranged which i feel if this mission was signed off on by the cybertronian government right after the war would probably happen.

later on I am not positive what the political landscape would be like, since I'm not caught up on exRiD yet

19. Loq

I am caught up on exRid (admittedly, I binge-read most of it late at night and don't remember details), and I think a case could be made for a three-party co-captaincy. (Certain colony reps would probably throw a fit because "why do only [X planet]-native Neutrals get a captain?" but we don't need to focus on that.) Starscream is still having... fun? Is fun the word? playing the even-handed ruler, and pushing for a single Cybertron-native (or 'con or 'bot, depending on if there were construction facilities on other planets) captain would... not reflect well on his "acceptance for all" persona.

Also I have decided linguist-bot is Congessi. (Hard c, haven't decided on the g.) Now to name their home planet, and continue crying over lack of machine-drawing skillz. They probably wouldn't handle captaincy well.

• Like x 2
  20. sirsparklepants

@Loq the one I used is here - it has the most options of any I've found. This one has a more Transformers-y style, but less options and it's a huge pain to use. I was probably going to try this one a little later today. I am a veteran of finding dollmakers, haha.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice