A Map

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by jaob, Jul 9, 2015.

1. jaob

jaob still not really grown up

Q for @seebs : I've made a Google Earth 'map' of locations of some people on here, specifically the ones in Where Are You and caa-DramaHQ. Contains only those people who have specified a location, be it town or country. It's a kmz file of modest proportions and it could be useful to people. Is there any chance you could host it on seebs.net? Happy to discuss any aspect of this or will accept a No.

• Like x 2
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Huh, could probably do. The forum may even have a way to host a thing like that?

3. jaob

I will send you the file via email and maybe you could test things out as and when you have time and spoons.

• Like x 1
  4. jaob

OK I done the map. It uses Google Earth and is what is known as a KMZ file. If you have GE on your computer then (on Windows) a double-click will load it. The file is downloadable from Here. If you're not sure how to use GE I'll happily provide a few clues. The file will probably open pointing to Africa but if you roll it around you'll see little houses and zooming in will show names. Note - it is not interactive.

edit: apparently you can download it straight into GE without having to save it first.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    • Like x 2
  5. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I have not figured out how to use google earth, but I will try to figure this out sometime Real Soon Now and give it a look.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice