A Massive Jug of Pumpkin Puree

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Kay5, Nov 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kay5

Kay5 the most glorious spoon

So a little while ago I bought some pumpkins to roast, puree, and turn into soup (it was very delicious soup and I've still got a bunch of it in the freezer for bad eating days)
    Except I also got left with a metric fucktonne of plain pumpkin puree left over, currently sitting in a giant jug in the fridge and hogging a bunch of shelf space, and I have run out of ideas of what to use it for.

I've made pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin sauce for pasta, pumpkin pie, and I've run out of imagination.

Does anyone have any good recipes? Or ideas on how to use up the puree without wasting food?

(also I am willing to share the recipe to any of the stuff I've cooked in return if people want it)

• Like x 1
  2. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

3. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

id love a good pumpkin pie recipe if u have >:0

4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Not a cooking/baking type myself but I can vouch for pumpkin scones being extremely tasty!

5. Kay5

Looks like pumpkin scones are going to be the next thing I inflict on my housemates then!

Also, Rats, I used this recipe when making pie, crust included, but I didn't have evaporated/condensed milk so I used half a cup of regular milk and half a cup of golden syrup instead. Turned out kinda sweet, but I like that sort of thing. I might recommend adding more cinnamon and such though

• Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

Pumpkin Curry? Basically it's green pepper or green beans, tomato, pork, onions... stuff like that...

Put it in as a chili thickener?

7. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

if it's not too similar to the pumpkin pie, i'm a big fan of pumpkin cheesecake!

• Agree x 1
  8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

• Like x 1
  9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

more soup

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I haven't tried this one, but a friend's pumpkin chili recipe:

My intuition tells me that in all likelihood my sibling's First Rule of Making Chili applies ("The first rule of making chili is that you didn't add enough chili powder"), but it's at least a vetted recipe.

• Winner x 1
  11. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. Kay5

Ooh! I've never found a decent chilli recipe I can actually make (I'm allergic to capsicum/bell peppers and basically all the recipes I've seen rely on it), but that one sounds really good!

Also hell yes, mochi sounds fantastic, and that list of different ideas is brilliant! Thanks for all of this :D

• Winner x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I make a lot of chili, and honestly, it's flexible enough that you can mess around as much as you want and still call it chili as long as it's still a thick stew with beans and chili powder in it. It'll taste fine even leaving out the bell peppers.

• Agree x 1
  14. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I used to put pumpkin puree into smoothies along with the typical pumpkin spice spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.). Tasty stuff.

• Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Pumpkin ice cream?

• Agree x 3
  16. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Same hat, hence witnessed rating. it makes things so hard x3

17. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

18. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i did this without the flour and came out reallll good

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice