A Princess, An Elf, And A Demon Walk Into A Bar: the Disenchantment thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Acey, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

So there's a new Netflix series out called Disenchantment, created by the same guy who made The Simpsons and Futurama, and...holy shit guys, it's really good.

To sum up the series: it's a fantasy story about a rebellious princess with a drinking problem, a naive elf who wants to see the world outside of the Elf Kingdom, and the princess' very literal personal demon. Shit goes down.

Unlike Matt Groening's previous work, it's actually pretty plotty, and it's a bit more...it's still very much a comedy overall, but it's more serious, in a way? And Princess Bean is such a great protag, I love her so much.

THAT CLIFFHANGER THO, SEASON 2 WHEN. Also I'm really hoping Elfo gets rezzed--I think it's relatively probable, but I'm not certain. Either way, I'm fuckin' hooked.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

its too late in the day to post anything in decent words, but I must have missed this thread in my six-ish month kintsugi haitus

disenchantment is good shit, season two had good character building, I was pleasantly surprised. am very gay for Oona but who in their right mind isn't? hoping very much for a season two, I need to know if our suspicions about Elfo's mom are correct, Bean is fine actually she has plot armor, and most importantly WILL LUCI EVER FIND LOVE

he's a little shit but he's a small business owner and I appreciate his hustle.

no not that kind of hustle, leave the elves alone, Luci.

edit: meant to say hoping for season 3, was very tired

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    • Agree x 1
  3. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Okay mood but tbh I'm gayer for Bean. I have a Thing for freckles okay.

I'm not done with s2 yet (although I was already p spoiled on it) but it's excellent so far! Dagmar is awful jfc (also hot).

Also can we talk about how fucking gorgeous those backgrounds in Hell were?? The backgrounds have been pretty impressive throughout, but my jaw just dropped at how intricate and surreal and legitimately creepy Hell is.

4. bornofthesea670

I feel as though I wouldn't be able to stand Bean XD she's ok as someone I'd see about every two weeks. I wish the best for her, but I also know she'd give me headaches.

Dagmar is Evil Bae, I love her wardrobe. that weird cut-out dress she wore on the visit to her homeland? ugh.

I did enjoy Hell, it was fun to see the different punishments. Heaven was also a riot though.

Beanie and her Dad give me Feels ;-;

ok sleeping now

having nothing to do and nowhere to go during quarantine makes it real hard to get up before noon hahh

• Agree x 1
  5. bornofthesea670

one last thing, that moment when Dagmar was brought out of the stone and it went from pure white stone to us seeing her black and red dress

and we were all like 'uh, ok, goth mom?'

and then later like 'nope, suspicions confirmed, she color coded evil'

that was a good moment, I appreciate the bit of genius there

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice