A Question On Post-To-Like Ratio

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Wingyl, Feb 27, 2017.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Nothing obvious in the UI. Might be able to do directly with code.

2. seebs

Total messages: 512,212
    Total likes: 1,514,872

These are slightly off from forum-wide message count (512,254), no idea why, might have to do with spam or something.

There's ~1700 accounts with at least one post. (I cannot compute like/post ratio without at least one post, sorry. But there are five people who have likes and no posts.)

The record is a user with 74 likes on 1 post. Highest for users with >100 posts is a 10.83 ratio. Highest with >1000 posts is 9.39. Median is 1.3.

• Like x 13
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Likes Georg

• Like x 10
  4. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

I've been paying attention to this for a while. Been averaging around 1:4 for most of my time here (edit: Actually, I think that's up from an initial 1:3-ish?). It was increasing for a while, but has stopped doing so because I've been posting less throwaway jokes in the Ray and drama threads and been making more posts about serious topics or in contentious threads.

• Like x 2
  5. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

my ratio is 5.3 likes to every 1 post! probably because pet thread.

i wonder if the data is skewed by the likes that you get on status posts? because i feel like status posts don't show up in the 'post' count, but the likes on status posts DO show up in the 'likes' count.

• Like x 4
  6. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

feels like this is a good point to chime in that amount of likes does not equal your worth as a person and is not a metric of overall popularity that anybody should worry about

• Like x 21
  7. seebs

obviously, we can tell because the user with a 74:1 ratio isn't jesse, even though jesse is objectively the BEST PERSON EVER

• Like x 15
  8. Ipuntya

Ipuntya your purple friend

roughly 3 likes for every one post

• Like x 2
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

It's that art on Tumblr problem. Deeply personal works, highly skilled works that take hours to complete, obscure fandom works... few notes. Humorous meme work... might be a lot of notes.

• Like x 3
  10. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

I've got a .57:1 like:post ratio. (I did the math)

• Like x 1
  11. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

1 : 4.3 for a ratio of messages to likes. I am quite pleased by these numbers.

• Like x 2
  12. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

6.7:1 likes to posts, but I know my numbers have been skewed for a while because of my cdcf history. I collected lots of receipts and made lots of snide commentary, which tends to get lots of likes. Plus, I still tend to lurk a lot and don't post much outside a few threads, so weird things are happening to my numbers all over the place :p

• Like x 3
  13. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

oh that is a good point!! i mostly post in the TF thread and the pets thread, where we are all thrilled with one another's posts and likes are thrown around like confetti, and i rarely engage in Serious Talks or long conversations, so my likes:posts ratio reflects that.

science!!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Like x 6
  14. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

A bit over 3.4 likes per post here!

• Like x 2
  15. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Catch me liking all your posts, messin' up your math

• Like x 15
  16. Silvereye

Silvereye 89 White Paladin Traverses The Cosmos

4.7 likes per post. It's buoyed by the fact that I've had quite a few posts with 20+ likes in various FID threads. Apparently people like snark and waxing poetic about spaace.

I should try to think of something witty, I think I might have been at 5 likes per post a while ago. It was a neat number. :)

• Like x 2
  17. Petra

Petra space case

4.31:1 likes per post ratio.

18. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

2:1 likes per post for me!

19. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Clearly I need to up my shitposting game to improve my ratio.

• Like x 4
  20. Reed DeSaje

Reed DeSaje One True Domm

Shamelessly posting pictures of myself with and without clothing seems to have net this subaccount with the highest ratio of any of mine, with a whopping 3.65:1 likes to posts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice