A Yurt in Wales: The Scholomance Series

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by vegacoyote, Sep 27, 2022.

1. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

OK, so the third book in this series was just released today, I just purchased an e-copy and am 2 pages into chapter 1, and I currently have nothing of value to say about any of it because my brain is too busy going “Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

Uh, but I can at least list the basic identification information.

Author: Naomi Novik

Book titles: A Deadly Education
    The Last Graduate
    The Golden Enclaves

Elevator pitch: Harry Potter meets Hunger Games (obligatory, fuck JK Rowling, but a lot of the tropes flow from the fandom’s worldbuilding questions-and-answers around HP and it’s not unimportant on the meta-descriptive level. It’s part of that call-and-response, and it’s Naomi Novik, so it’s all the goddamn best parts, too.)

anyway the last book ended on the most horrific cliffhanger and I’m about to yeet myself off it, wish me luck g’byyyyyeee ^x^

2. vegacoyote

El is straight-up done with maw-mouths.
    Liesel is absolutely a Light player.

3. vegacoyote

… And Yancy is a Void player.

4. vegacoyote

OK, now that I’ve finished the initial read-through of the third book, and am well-progressed through rereading the whole series in order, I’m going to start trying to put together some actual coherent what’s-this-about-and-why-y’all-should-read-it words. And I might try hunting down Roach’s posts about it too, those were pretty good. Back in a bit.

5. CarnelianCoyote

CarnelianCoyote Active Member

I read and enjoyed the first two, still haven't landed no. 3 because of a mix of budget constraints and being neck deep in an active reading list. :p Look forward to swinging by and discussing at a later date.

• Winner x 1
  6. CarnelianCoyote

[​IMG]
    [Incredulous squeeing ensues]

• Winner x 1
  7. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

On one hand, that's awesome. On the other hand, I'm wondering how you adapt a series where two thirds of the plot takes place in the same hideous windowless building and no one has clothes that fit.

8. CarnelianCoyote

[Bounces into the thread full of Finished Trilogy]

• Winner x 1
  9. vegacoyote

ISN’T IT AWESOOME!!??? :D :D :D

10. CarnelianCoyote

Aaaaaaaaaa!
    [Translated: yes indeed]

• Agree x 1
  11. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

I recently finished the series and omg it was amazing! (I was slightly spoiled for some of it, but it was still amazing).

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice