AAAUGH FLAMING CAR

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by vegacoyote, May 25, 2015.

1. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Not my car though. Someone else's car.

So like if anyone read the last thread I posted you might remember I mentioned a road trip, in between panicked ravings about my shit-stupid computer security choices.

So besides it being so late it was early again and aside from fuming about changing all my passwords the road trip was going tollerably, I mean like I was tired and it was dark but we were almost home but then suddenly CAN'T SEE ROAD, TOO MUCH FIRE.

Turned out the road was still there but I slammed the brakes and pulled over anyway. Single car on the shoulder, engine belching flames, no EMS in evidence, approx. two human figures milling around near.

Mom was the one who thought to turn on the emergency blinkers. Didn't even occur to me.

Got out of the car, engaged human figures, managed to get out a string of words approximating "Do you need... phone? call?"

Somebody ask me later to relate the stunning sociopolitical analysis provided by my brain when I realized both the guys were black and spoke English as a second language. It included such useful insights as "BUT COPS SHOOTING BAD" and "FIREMEN. FIREMEN YES GOOD."

Turns out I am even worse at social when fire is involved.

Um. anyway I am home now and have two angry cats demanding reassurance, no one was hurt and I am over-the-hell-loaded, and just accidentally posted before I was done writing, so maybe will elaborate later when words again. Yay not being on fire.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  2. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Glad nobody was hurt, glad you're safe and home and have a space to wind down from that overload. *probably not hugs but the non-overwhelming equivalent*

• Like x 1
  3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Yikes, that's crazy. Stuff being on fire always makes everything weird.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice