ADHD Tips

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Mala, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

My ADHD coping mechanisms are...sorely lacking so I'm really curious what other people's coping tactics are! Maybe we can all learn some new tricks!

2. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Lists save my entire life, as do phone reminders. (though when I get stressed, I'll write a list every day at least of stuff I have to do)
    When I handwrite important things, I have a better chance of remembering to do them.

It helps a lot to partition stuff out into little tasks, because otherwise I'll look at all the stuff I have to do and then...take a nap instead.

• Like x 1
  3. lvkz

lvkz Well-Known Karkat

i don't know if i have ADHD or not but i'm really bad at staying on task, even if i have a schedule and i'm looking at it i'll still get distracted before i even start the thing, but i heard that taking on multiple things at once so you can shift your attention around and still get things done helps for ADHD, it works for me as long as i keep it limited to work things and don't look at tumblr or 4chan or anything.

4. Missfortunate

Missfortunate Emotional one

Caffeine and Music helps me get shit done :) and I procrastinate on everyyything otherwise

5. kmoss

kmoss whoops

MUSIC
    yeah music helps me with time management and focus like hard core

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice