Adulting is Hard etc

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Enzel, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Aki is also having a super bad time the last few days (we're not sure exactly what it is but it's def chronic illness related) and. trying to gauge if doctors can/will actually help. its fucked bc the last time they felt this bad I insisted they go to the ER & their PCP also said to but the ER basically did fuck all except treat them like they were drug seeking & send a bill. (they basically confirmed it wasn't a heart problem & told us it was stress.) and this was before covid.

absolutely fucked that most people would go to the ER way before this level of pain but when you've got EDS it's like. may as well be miserable at home where it's somewhat comfy, you might die but its better than sitting in a waiting room for 6 hours and having nurses gaslight you. and again...that's before covid.

I'm just bringing them takeout and taking over cat food duty bc that's mostly what i can do at this point...

2. Enzel

roommate got home from work first so she took Aki to urgent care (the same one that actually took them seriously years ago when they had that weird 2 weeks of fever & led to finding out their liver was fucked...anyway I hope the staff is still good) so I am feeding/ looking after the cats who seem...idk the clever one definitely knows something is wrong bc she's been fussing over Aki these past few days. She's now staring at me with concern and won't eat her dinner. (she did have a few treats I gave her out of sight if the other one at least...)

:(

edit: they're coming home now, all I know is no ER visit necessary atm...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  3. Enzel

this cat sighs like a human being

20210925_203251.jpg 20210925_203149.jpg 20210925_203222.jpg

• Like x 1
  4. Enzel

good news is, lung xray was clear so i assume no pneumonia, though apparently the clinic doc looked...concerned...while listening to Aki's breathing... (which reminds me we need to figure out how to get their steroid inhaler refilled) They also did an ANA panel bc Aki's docs have been trying to get one during possible autoimmune flares for a while, so we'll see how that comes back...

mostly sucks bc literally the only painkiller that works for them for anything is Tylenol and they really can't take much of that bc it'll fuck up their liver even more. (opioids make them hella nauseous and everything else just...doesn't work)

• Witnessed x 1
  5. Enzel

I don't even

finally got to the bottom of Aki's surgery bills

their fucking. insurance. CHANGED. PLANS ON THEM. JUST FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE. WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION. SO THEY ~MAGICALLY~ WERE SWITCHED TO A PLAN ON THE SAME INSURANCE THAT HAD A DEDUCTIBLE FOR THE MONTH OF THE SURGERY. AND I DIDN'T NOTICE BC THE NAMES WERE VERY SIMILAR AND I WASN'T LOOKING CLOSELY AT THE PREMIUM BILL BECAUSE I DIDN'T EXPECT IT TO SUDDENLY CHANGE. SO THEY ENDED UP PAYING EXTRA MONEY TO KEEP THE PLAN FOR ANOTHER MONTH TO MAKE SURE THE SURGERY WAS COVERED...IN ORDER TO END UP PAYING MORE FOR THE SURGERY ANYWAY WHEN THEY WERE TOLD IT WOULD COST NOTHING UNDER THEIR ORIGINAL PLAN

now that we actually know WHY the fuck this all happened we're going to talk to the hospital financial services but god. health insurance is a fucking scam

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. Enzel

also I think I forgot to take my allergy meds yesterday and ofc I decided to vacuum the living room & I've been having the worst allergy attack since then. been taking benadryl to sleep. ugh.

need to call the diff billing depts during what times I have in the morning etc this week and then the financial services office.

..the leaky valve is def not something I can fix on my own bc there's no visible way to get to the part that needs replacing soooo gotta call landlord about that too...our place is just. the whole building is a piece of work. I was messing around w the machine in the basement and noticed that there's mold spots on the walls where there's damp spots & either it's from rain or stuff like asshole neighbor's AC dripping water into...the siding (yes. the house has that crap fake shingle plastic siding) so now I'm like. is this gonna effect our laundry. ew...

• Witnessed x 1
  7. Enzel

bleurgh...

so they sent Aki a new insurance card at the beginning of June and I didn't think anything of it at the time bc there was so much going on but I guess that counts as "informing" them their insurance changed so...they're waiting to see if they can get approved for a loan to pay off the bills now...I would help but I've got my own several thousand dollar loan for fixing the car...hate everything about this.

got maintenance to fix the leaky valve but they told me they wouldn't hook up the dryer to the gas bc if it needs a certain thing fixed we'll end up paying more for labor to un-hook it again? I don't even know what's actually wrong w/ it so I was like...ok. So have to call an appliance repair place tomorrow. OFC one of the websites I found says they won't fix anything if it's not properly hooked up so like...what is the truth??

Then talk to my parents in the evening about moving the king size mattress to their place and finally free up some storage space here...

I did some alterations for a coworker but I feel bad bc we didn't work out payment ahead of time & I'm not sure what to ask her for...trying to strike a balance between not undervaluing myself and not asking a broke college student for more than she can manage.

8. Enzel

Brain: EXCUSE ME

Me: ....what

Brain: YOU ARE GRIEVOUSLY INJURED

Me: I'm...what? Sorry? Wouldn't I been in pain?

Brain: THERE IS AN INJURY LEAKING FLUIDS

Me:

Me: ....oh, that. Look, we've been over this. That's always been there.

Brain: [unrolls blueprint] IT SAYS RIGHT HERE IN SECTION 34 R--

Me: like I said, we've been over this...

Brain: THERE SHOULD BE ONLY ONE ORIFICE IN THAT GENERAL VICINITY!!

Me: ...yes, thank you. I know. take it up with the architect.

9. Enzel

this last week or so I've been crashing after getting home from work again, now around 10-11 PM. I guess it's my meds wearing off but its like. I suddenly get so sleepy I can't stay upright. if I lie down i end up napping for an hour or two and then waking up wired and unable to go to sleep til 3-4. if I push thru (extremely difficult) it wears off a bit but ugh. Like, I wish I could just sleep then and get up early but apparently not. (ideal bedtime would be 1am but....in practice)

dunno if it's my body taking revenge for missing an hour of sleep every night or what.

...still need to call a dryer repairman, brain has not been cooperating.

10. Enzel

me: goes to bed at 1:30 for once

ny brain, immediately: would you like sleep paralysis and intrusive thoughts about being harassed by someone you can't physically escape from?

me: oh you little fucker I didnt take my evening meds did i

(apparently my ADHD hyperactivity likes to manifest in my brain going"hey wouldn't it be fucked up if--")

took my meds. it was very hard to type this so tired.

edit: is the anxiety meds what they help with. self destructive spitting fr. y

I'm leaving that word salad b this is what my late night typing looks like I was trying so hard to edit it out

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021 at 1:22 AM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice