1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

After Party OOC

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by IvyLB, Sep 4, 2017.

1. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i am so entertained that one of matt's first reactions to davelal being semi-squiddled was to flirt with him X)

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  2. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Look he is a trashboy and like knows like

but also: if he flirts Davelal out of being squiddled he's absolutely counting that as a win both officially and personally on the 'so hot even the squiddles can't touch this' front.

• Winner x 3
  3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Vasar: yes hello in no way am i secretly a nerd who doesn´t know how people!

• Like x 1
  4. TheOwlet

gotta love how Matt shows up in the rave looking exhausted and is immediately sorta fussed-at by pretty people

• Agree x 5
  5. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

an question

if i wanted to bring in my dnd character who is originally from thedas, would anyone be willing to help me figure out how his dnd!bard magic would map to the DA magic system?

ive never actually played DA, he was made for a dnd game where characters were taken from their home worlds and plonked down onto alternate-past earth. I made him as a bard and then just decided he was from kirkwall lmao. Afaik there isnt really a straight DA equivalent to dnd 5e style "shout insults at someone until they die of psychic damage" magic?

(Edit: and by map to the DA system, i mean, if someone asked him what he specialized in, what could he say other than "iunno i just yell things and i healed someone by saying 'you got this'")

(Double edit: ...i forgot ttheres literally a character right now who does bard magic and its handwaved, because thats what the rave is about. i can just handwave instead of worrying!)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Agree x 1
  6. TheOwlet

@Everett I'm like 99% sure that @Petra 's Kassia is essentially a Bard-in-Thedas so you may wanna give her a poke if you wanna map it over anyways?

• Like x 1
  7. Loq

Loq cursed blue crab pincher

shit man DAOrigins straight up has Bard Magic
    it's not canon in any other game but Song Of Valor exists

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

there's also
    ZITHER!
    who is a multiplayer only character from DA:I, but does appear briefly in trespasser under very specific circumstances.
    He's a circle mage from Orlais and also a rockstar who uses music based magic

• Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. Everett

Thank you c: i will likely roll him in at some point after i get him more set up

• Winner x 3
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

13th movies. My dad loves those so i got it before the hint

• Winner x 1
  11. TheOwlet

I tihnk it's actually Nightmare on Elm Street? Friday 13th is the hockey mask and the knife, not the claws?

• Agree x 1
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

...it might be. I am not a fan of either...

• Agree x 2
  13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Just for funsies, how do you imagine the rave looks?
    (Suggest you spoiler the answer and not look at others before answering so we dont influence each other)
    I wound up imagining a large grey room with darker beams that various gremlins can perch on near the cieling. It fades out in the distance so you can see how big it is.
    I realized I keep imagining everyone near one wall, which is on the left. This is where my characters tend to be. So Catra is hanging out on a beam to the left under the cieling. The other walls arent visible, just implied.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like x 3
  14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

A pure white void, vaaaguely circular? Where the further things are away from the center, the more they fade out, almost like there's a ring of fog maybe twenty or thirty feet in any direction. All the stuff people imagine is manifested in the White Void without connection to each other, and the lighting is that particular soft, indistinct lighting that comes when a room is lit from all sides.

So right now, there's the beam Catra's on, which is up in the air and fades off to either side as it grows more distant, there's Matt's fainting couch, and there's Aiden's bar, all just chilling like furniture objects and Sims sitting in an unloaded area.

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 1
  15. Everett

a sort of black/grey featureless void with a very nonspecific floor, and stuff just pops in as it's mentioned

• Like x 2
  16. TheOwlet

soft grey empty room with indirect lighting and nondescriptive floor thing. Feels like a room but you wouldn't be able to point out the walls unless someone made an effort to lean against one or make something come out of one. Things pop in and out of existence as mentioned

also: Matt's TSoW dream-stream is totally free for any and all other rave occupants to join.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  17. Petra

Petra space case

I am... sorry, Pinkat.
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 3
  18. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

catra...is valid

• Agree x 3
  19. Petra

Petra space case

I've been having a blast playing her! Hopefully I'm keeping her IC enough, haha.

• Winner x 2
  20. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants *cries in sports*

I 100% stole the pizza thing from @IvyLB ngl but it's such a perfect summation of my pizza feelings I gave it to Robbie

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice