Altbound (and a query)

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by BlackholeKG, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

[​IMG]

Okay, so, I was talking with a few people in the Skype chat last night about how I used to do/make things but nowadays don't do very much of either, and we got onto the topic of Altbound (mirrored here), which was a Homestuck au and fanventure that I started making about 2.5 years ago, after being loosely inspired by Be The Seadweller Lowblood, but ended up quitting due to lack of motivation (as well as the aforementioned thing where I, well, don't do things any more). The premise is that this takes place in an alternate/doomed timeline, where for (various plot reasons), the Sgrubian cataclysm did not strike Alternia, and the cast of post-scratch trolls are now adults living in the Alternian empire.

I feel kind of disappointed that I didn't get farther with this, owing to the fact that I'd invented a lot of lore and story that I never got to flesh out. Also, this kind of thing was my only avenue for creating any sort of visual artwork, because I'm not an artist in that sense and can only really make visuals in the sort of block colour MSPA style - and it takes me a long time even then. Even so, in the months when I was working on this I felt like I got a lot better at creating nice looking things within that style, and I'm really proud of some of the later panels.

Now, when I linked it the Skype the response was very overwhelming positive, and a few people suggested that I might be able to continue it (perhaps also first revamping some of the existing content in places where it's a little shabby), in order to get back into the swing of being creative, tell the story I wasn't able to before, and find an opportunity to further do visual art stuff (which I do sparingly, but always immensely enjoy when I manage to create something I think looks good, even if it's only in a fairly limited, basic style).

What's more, it might also give me an opportunity to reacquaint myself with flash, which I became fairly competent with a few years back (when I was contributing to [ S ] Rex Duodecim Angelus and also while making a (still unreleased) liveblogstuck flash), but have now pretty much forgotten how to use.

So, I guess this thread is about reintroducing the AU, because none of you guys here (with the possible exception of some of the old MSPA Forums people who might remember it, at least from my old signature there) will have ever heard of it, and about gauging interest in... doing that I guess? I find it a lot easier to motivate myself if I know that other people want to see the thing.

Furthermore, on the topic of MSPA Fanventures, I started one on these forums recently, here. I'm currently trying to decide whether I should continue to make that one as well, so if anyone has any input on that I'd be similarly grateful! I'm not sure whether doing both that one and Altbound again would be feasible at the same time, but we'll see, I guess?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    • Like x 2
  2. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Oh yeah, I also want everyone to be able to appreciate Altbound Vriska's gaudy outfit tbh

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  3. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I'm interested in seeing the thing! The character designs/outfits look pretty cool too.

Also I haven't read Altbound so I'm bookmarking that link. :>

4. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

That's a neat concept, I'm all for seeing more of it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice