Amber Accountability Thread! -determinedface-

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by theambernerd, Jun 27, 2016.

1. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

It summer!!! I must art!!!!

Goal #1: Make a schedule/list/plan thing of things i need to do before I go to bed.

Just sorta. Plopping this thread up right now, I will update it with said list/schedule once I have made it.

Baasically I'm gonna be selling at an artist alley at the end of the summer, but there's like. no art i have that I'd feel comfy with selling, so I've gotta make a lot of good art in the next two months!
    Also I do animated group project things on youtube, a lot of which are overdue, so I need to schedule my making of those!
    Aaand also probably schedule general work-on-art stuff, but that's less imminent cause no due date on improvement (other than, well, graduating art college. sorta)
    so! yes. Yell at me if I'm not doing the things!

edit: OK! I have a schedulish list thing done, I'll figure out timing for nice artist alley arts better a bit later after I've attempted fixing/making the first one!

THINGS I NEED TO DO:

1. ARTIST ALLEY ART

-Fix/redo Sora art (do by 7/1)

-Thorin/Bilbo art

-3 Star Wars Trio draws

-smaller nice warriors draws (maybe realism? idk)

- continue to think of things

-Charms??

-look into button maker maybe???????

2. MAP PARTS (ordered by approximate priority, I may well be working on many at the same time)

Hawk and Bramble: rough done, attempting to finish by end of June

For Good: Mid-July turn in promised

Samson: Due July 14th (3 pieces to do- do one each week)

Centuries MAP Intro: get done by end of July

All my dreams I drown: Mostly cleaned up, quick finish

Bad Little Boy: technically overdue, no specific extension due date given

Nevermind: Backup, no due date

Sooner or Later: no due date

Tigerstar & His Sons: no due date

3. DAILY DOODLE PAGE

I mean. no description needed, just do them

these I'm gonna upload daily to the thread!

4. LEARN THINGS

I wanna try to do a weekly follow a tuitorial or something type thing?? Gotta find good tuitorials or something tho

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    • Like x 2
  2. theambernerd

[​IMG]

Today's doodle page! Much less than I usually do, but wrist was making popping noises at me and I barely got any sleep cause jetlag, so I'm letting my startup this summer be slow.
    I got a quarter about of the cleanup done for the Bramble & Hawk MAP today, I'm hoping to finish what I need to of the rough (not much) and get around 3/4 through cleanup tomorrow, cause then I should be able to finish the rest by the 30th easily! And I might be moving MAP part priorities around again since one host said I didn't need to rush on my part for her uwu;

• Like x 2
  3. theambernerd

hh im v forgetful lately. I did get some things done today! A doodle page and a few more frames of cleanup. Not as much as I wanted, but whenever I was about to work I was getting hit with jetlag tireds and it didnt work very well. Going to bed now, here's sketchbook, now under cuts cause lol i use huge canvases as a default

[​IMG]

gameplan for tomorrow is get as much done in animation as possible and finally open and start doing things to the sora print. I'm really nervous about making things For Sale so my anxiety is rly rly trying to put it off

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  4. theambernerd

oh whoops I thought I posted yesterday and I didn't? I did stuff the last two days, Wednesday I finished cleanup and color for the first half of animation, Thursday I.. did partial clean on two frames and half a frame of final cleanup. So not so great, but considering I didn't motivate myself to draw till midnight, I'm counting the fact that I convinced myself to do something as a success, honestly. I was very tired most the day and when I wasn't tired I was meeting my sister's fiance and her ferrets. And discovering that I really like ferrets, aaaaa ;w;

I finally started working on the sora sketch!! I did a really rough sketch wednesday, literally to just force myself to start, because starting is the hardest part, and today I refined that sketch, happy with general proportions and anatomy.

Aaand sketch pages happened both days! Here have them

[​IMG] [​IMG]

today's sketch page is much more what I actually want to be doing with sketch pages- practicing people drawing and drawing/coloring from reference (used a bit of ref for Saix(the blue guy)'s hair as well) and such, since they're things I'm uncertain/uncomfortable about

there's like twelve other projects I want to do too and i'm just. why must i not have the sufficient drive to draw more time each day.
    but bluh, that's what this accountability thread is about, i'm getting in better draw habit so I actually have that drive in the future =m=; i just wanna make a comic and music videos and so many thingss help

• Like x 1
  5. theambernerd

failureee
    i did some art yesterday (actually an alright amount on my animation) but today i've been out with my family most the day. still, i was free 4 1/2 hours in the morning and been home for two hours so i shouldve gotten stuff done, but nope.
    also just sorta exhausted cause i keep not sleeping enough so i never have the energy to pick up my cintiq. blugh
    not to mention im in one of those phases where i feel like all my art is crap that looks like it was made by a high schooler and im never gonna be worth people hiring me ugh i have set myself up to have no future good job self

will be sleeping soon, only thing i might have to do tomorrow is church so hopefully after that i'll be able to get a lot of art done tomorrow

actually i sorta have to cause i joined a 48 hour multi animator project where the 48 hour timespan started 24 hours ago so ill have till midnight tomorrow to do 5 seconds or so of animation
    but. hey. i can manage. it's just silhouette animation, might do some puppet rigging or idk. something. still dont really know what im doing

6. theambernerd

three days later...
    so i didnt do anything sunday, i sorta had an awful day in general
    monday i didnt do most of my usual things but I did do a whole 4 second animation in one day!! so success

today I got back to actual goals, I made a sketch page where I made some new sai brushes based on ones i found on tumblr, and doodle with them for a bit, then also finished one of the two characters' cleanup in my current MAP part; i'm hoping to get the other character's cleanup done tomorrow so i can get the whole part in the day after.
    rly need to get going on the sora drawing, and i think i'm gonna try starting rough sketches for my other nice art drawings or else im seriously going to end up time crunched about them just from avoidance
    wheee
    too few spoons to upload art rn tho

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice