An Introduction of sorts

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by Kay5, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Kay5

Kay5 the most glorious spoon

Hello!

I've been half-lurking, half-forgetting-this-site-exists for a while now, but with some things in my life changing I've found myself alone for long stretches of time in the evenings, so for the sake of retaining what's left of my sanity, I figured I'd actually come say hi :D

I go by Ky or Kay, I'm a writer and/or wannabe software developer, and I haven't used a forum since before the MSPA ones went down so I have not a hecking clue what I'm doing here, folks.

• Like x 9
  2. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Hello, nice to meet you!

3. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

4. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

hi! your icon is adorable!

• Agree x 3
  5. Kay5

Hello everyone!

Wow you're all fast to reply, I'm not sure whether to be flattered or terrified

• Like x 1
  6. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Welcome to Kintsugi! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! c:

(And seconding the assertion that your icon is wonderful :D)

• Agree x 2
  8. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

Beee terrified. Naw, just take things easy and it should be fine. Check out Fan-town and there is a writing thread somewhere else here. Search titles for writing thread?

9. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

Hello, hello!

Thirding the adorable sentiment of your icon.

• Agree x 2
  10. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Heyo, good to meet you!

Ooh, software development! Any particular areas of interest, or the entire shebang?

I’ve done a very little with it. I loved everything except UML, because I’m a troglodyte who learned to program with line numbers and thinks even object orientation is vaguely suspicious. And yet I still enthusiastically recommend use cases to all my friends. (...Provided they’re thinking of doing some software development. Not just out of the blue like, “I’ve been thinking, we’ve been friends for a long time. Use cases?!”)

As for the friendly swarm of people saying hello, I have my alert settings configured so I get a notification whenever someone makes a new introduction thread so I can welcome them. I’m probably not the only one. It’s not typically going to be this overwhelming. ^_^

• Like x 1
  11. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

12. Kay5

I've just started a course that's meant to teach me the industry standards for HTML, Java, and C# so I can basically go straight from learning to a full-time job. I've taken some first year computer science courses at uni before? But didn't get much farther than the generalised basics of Java and SQL-type things. I will absolutely agree with you that object orientation is witchcraft and to be kept a close eye on, else the objects gain sentience when we're not looking.

And I don't mind the friendly swarm XD
    It's really good to see that everyone's so welcoming here, really

• Like x 2
  13. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Hey, nice to meet you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice