And that, that's your plan, is it?

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by budgie, Oct 12, 2016.

1. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I wish people would stop asking me what I want to do with my life. I know they don't mean to be mean, they're curious, but aaagh. I do not have the mental energy to do school again, and my previous plan (archives/museum stuff) all requires at least a Master's.

I feel like I fucked up. I'm 27, I have no plans, I don't even have a vague outline. I don't particularly want to keep doing what I'm doing, but the few ideas I had are no-go and I have no idea what else I even qualify for.

And SO keeps saying we need to make plans, and yeah, it doesn't make sense for him to move to my town and then up and transplant somewhere else a couple months later. Plans generally involve a goal, though. All I know is please not customer service for the rest of my life.

I just want to hide under a blanket and avoid the world forever.

• Like x 1
  2. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

*Hugs* making a life is tough.

• Like x 1
  3. You have my sympathies, I can definitely relate to not having much of a plan for life and struggling to figure it out. My current plan is "keep working, eventually move out." When? To where? Heck if I know.

We're with ya, budgie.

• Like x 1
  4. budgie

*screams into pillow*

Still in the same situation as before, except more upset than ever having actively gone looking for jobs and just finding out the myriad ways in which I am unqualified.

5. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

is there anything else you enjoy doing that could maybe be a job? (sorry if unhelpful, but. just thinking thoughts?)

• Like x 1
  6. budgie

I honestly don't know anymore. I should probably see if I can still go to my school's career centre despite having graduated; maybe they'll have more ideas than just shrug.gif

• Agree x 1
  7. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

that sounds like a good idea, yeah!

8. budgie

I am fantasizing about quitting my job and going and faffing about somewhere overseas for a month or two.

Pros: i can afford it, the only thing keeping me here at the moment is my job, it would be fun.

Cons: No job, will I be able to rent a place without proof of employment?, my drugs are pricey af without insurance (which I have through work)

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice