Aon's High Fantasy Yuri Poem Project

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Aondeug, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

So I've decided to just go and make a thread for the project as a whole. Just so it will be easier for me to find things. Partly to make it easier to find things and partly so others who are curious can follow it easier in between my bouts of rambling about how much I like ramen or something.

As for what will go in here...Definitely all of the poems will go in here. All initial drafts and edited versions. Ramblings about the characters, plotting, themes, etc might also go here though they also might be in the general blog thread I've got because my brain is a chaos sphere. The poems will definitely all go here though. In addition the links to the two poem docs will remain here in the first post of the thread. The one document is the poems in the order of the original writing. The other document is the poems in a rough chronological order. The chronological order is not necessarily the order they will be presented in, but it is there so the project is easier to keep track of while it is being worked on.

So what the hell is the project in question? Still as of yet unnamed it is an attempt to tell a full high fantasy narrative through a massive poetry collection or, I suppose, smaller poetry collections bound together. It originally began as a series of ttrpg campaigns my boyfriend and I were working on together which, due to stuff and things, did not continue. I decided to take the things we had done together and worked out and decided to turn it into a narrative. As it originally started out as a DnD game the base of much of its lore is from DnD, with the rest being stuff of my own making largely based off things I know about existing mythologies and folklores. The characters themselves have, for the sake of academic honesty, their origins in the Force of Will trading card game. They've since strayed and are continuing to have the serial numbers filed off over time.

The story itself concerns two, eventually three, characters. The first is Kikue, the tiefling daughter of an archdevil who betrayed her father and escaped from Hell. She is currently wandering the world disguised as a human from the nation of Mizuho on a quest to kill each and every fiend in all of existence. Kikue does not actually expect to fulfill this goal and it is, to an extent, an elaborate suicide attempt. The second is a wood elf diviner from the island of Emain Ablach. She is fresh out of the woods and is on her memory gathering quest, but she is also on a quest to find a home for the next World Tree. Despite these rather defined goals, she is flitting about the world whimsically and does not grasp the weight of her responsibilities. The third, meanwhile, is the new World Tree herself or, rather, the humanoid incarnation of the World Tree. Despite being a tree person with horns and elf ears, Yggdrasil is just a child all in all. She is also Kikue and Saoirse's daughter.

As far as the plot...I do want to keep it having the episodic structure of a ttrpg campaign. However, this arc structure will be guided by the two issues that are the remains of the Fate Core incarnation of the game. The first issue being that the World Tree is dying and a new seed must be planted or the entire world as it is known will come to an end. The second issue meanwhile is that Kikue's father, the Lord Shishido, seeks Asmodeus' throne at the top of Hell and is willing to do anything and everything to take that throne. Including threatening the world's existence as a whole. Besides these two larger issues, there will be a series of smaller ones as they work their ways towards those big issues and dealing with them. Also it is a yuri romance.

This will do for introductions I think...So here are the docs that the poems themselves are kept in...

The original writing order doc.

The chronological order doc.

2. Aondeug

My current idea for how this may all be structured is to separate things out into distinct arcs. These arcs will consist of primary narrative poems which are of medium to long lengths. Things like physical action, plot moving, traveling, etc will be in these poems. Surrounding those action poems will be series of mood or emotion poems taking place during or after the action poems in question. These are far less action oriented and may, in fact, involve no action at all and instead just pretty little thoughts. They will also be much shorter. The completed arcs may then be split into separate poetry collections themselves, potentially. Depending upon how long they get. I don't think they'll get long enough for each arc to get its own collection. It is something that I think more will be split into arc themed chapters and then that is all bundled up into the completed collection. Really who the fuck knows. But I am thinking of the structure of this thing as a whole because we're 18 pages in now and a pattern is arising.

3. Aondeug

Here's a poem that had been written a few days ago. Not really pleased with this one but it'll have to do for the time being. Got to make those drafts, baby. Anyway. This one happens right after Kikue and Saoirse meet and are kicked out of the tavern:

This sure isn't how
    You planned this trip
    To this town right here.
    You didn't plan
    To come right in
    And find out then
    From a man on the street
    That a woman that way
    Was having a problem
    With her son
    Who went missing
    A week back,
    Like so many others,
    And how this woman,
    Unlike so many others,
    Wasn't willing to go
    And say "Oh, that's fine,
    We've dealt with this
    For years and years."

So you heard that tale
    From the man
    Right on the street,
    And you heard more
    From the woman herself
    About the cave,
    It's out east,
    And demons crawl
    Through its tunnels
    That none have ever
    Left alive, not once,
    Because it's demons,
    Those damned fiends.

You've never fought one,
    A fiend of any sort
    Be they demon or devil
    Or that other sort
    Whose name slips
    From your mind right then,
    But you're sure, you are,
    That it starts with "yug".
    You've never fought one,
    Only read about them
    And what you've read
    Says nothing good
    About those who go
    And look for them,
    But when a woman
    Is crying at home
    About her lost boy
    That no one will save
    Or avenge or more,
    How can you not
    Declare right there
    With all your might
    That you'll do it,
    You'll get them,
    Each and every one,
    Clearing out
    The whole damned cave?

That sure wasn't planned
    And even less planned
    Was getting tossed out
    Of the tavern that
    You went to seeking
    Food and help because
    While you'd never once
    Fought a demon you'd
    Read the tales enough
    And figured a hand
    Or maybe five
    Would be sufficient
    To tackle the fiends.

But that's what happened
    Because when a man calls
    Out to you, wanting,
    With tall tales of
    The Woods in mind
    Are you not going
    To rise up there
    To meet his challenge
    And make a fool
    Out of him and you both?

You were didn't see
    The woman rising too
    From a seat at
    The corner of the room
    With a sword
    Held right at hand
    And a face that said
    She had the will
    To use it there
    In your defense.

It sure wasn't planned,
    But it sure happened
    And now you were out
    Of a place to search
    For food and help,
    So though she walks
    Off all quick
    Without a word more
    To you after that,
    You call out to her
    And ask her loud
    What her name is
    And just how long
    Has she been fighting
    And just what it is
    That she goes fighting.
    You even try your hand
    At asking the weather
    Because it's a pleasantry
    And maybe, just maybe,
    She'll take to that
    And make talk with you
    About trees and sun
    Or maybe of war.

She doesn't take,
    Telling you off
    Again and again,
    But you've no option
    Save this grump
    Who ruined your fun
    And your search to boot,
    So you follow her
    And you keep prodding,
    Looking for anything
    Besides a curt
    "Leave me be,"
    Until you are at
    Your last rope there
    And you bring up
    The money, the prizes,
    That surely will come
    If you clear it out,
    That damnable cave
    Because it's just full
    Of demons, they say.

You sure didn't plan
    On her stopping then
    And turning round to ask
    "Where is the cave?"
    Without a hint of want
    For money and fame,
    Instead just a hunger
    For war and gore,
    But she did and does
    And how can you
    Say anything other
    Than a bright, cheery,
    "I can show you were,"?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice