April's Brain Journal

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

WOW THAT IS DEF CURSED IMAGE

• Like x 1
  2. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

SNAKES ARE MANIFESTING IN MY HOUSE PHYSICALLY

HOW AM I GOING TO SLEEP TONIGHT

3. Void

REST IN PIECES DUDE IM SCREAMIN

• Like x 1
  4. Carnivorous Moogle

update: said person has been repeatedly pestering rowan for art of their oc with angor rot despite being told politely that they don't get around to every request quickly or at all, so now we're coming up with a design for human!angor modeled partly after his voice actor out of spite and also because ike amadi is a handsome motherfucker

my salty little heart is content

if they immediately stop asking as soon as we draw him as a POC i'm going to nelson laugh into the sun

• Like x 1
  5. Void

HE IS A REALLY HANDSOME MAN SO IF THEY DONT LIKE IT THEY CAN TAKE EVERYTHING AND SHOVE IT

IKE AMADI IS HOT

• Like x 1
  6. Carnivorous Moogle

HE IS A VERY PRETTY MAN AND HIS VOICE MAKES ME SWOON

I HEAR FROM THE MASS EFFECT FANDOM THAT HE PLAYS A SEXY FISH MAN BUT I DON'T GO THERE YET UNFORTUNATELY

• Like x 1
  7. Carnivorous Moogle

WHEN U WANNA GET DOWN AND RP BUT U GOT A SEVEN AND A HALF HOUR SHIFT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  8. Carnivorous Moogle

thoughts:

- hunterstuck!angor rot would probably be a megido

- trollhunters!five would absolutely be a changeling and so would adam, and probably the rest of the garde tbh

- trollhunters!rex would be. tbh more or less draal. right down to the 'dead dad' thing even tho rex's damage over that is more subtle and it doesn't come up often

- lorien legacies!angor rot would be a vatborn turned augment and there is zero doubt in my mind about this

- the changelings are interesting to contrast with the vatborn bc they're both enslaved subspecies created and raised to serve their masters' purpose and be Disposable, and considered subhuman by... pretty much everyone, but the troll-changeling dynamic and the trueborn-vatborn dynamic are in many ways reversed

- changelings and trueborn both are on average smaller, weaker, more inclined toward espionage and blending into humanity and relying on their wits instead of force, but trueborn are constantly told they're Superior to the humans, to the vatborn, to everyone except their god-emperor; they brush close to and learn all about humanity while also being taught to look down on it with disgust, whereas changelings dig their roots down into the human world and shape themselves in strange ways to fit it, grow to love it over time even as they're willing to destroy it all in the end

- trolls and vatborn are in many ways the opposite but i'm running out of words rn

- TROLLHUNTERS AND LORIEN LEGACIES HAVE SOME REALLY FUCKING INTERESTING PARALLEL THEMES AND WORLDBUILDING, LOOK

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    • Like x 1
  9. Carnivorous Moogle

GRUMPS BECAUSE THIS POST IS HILARIOUS BUT I CAN'T REBLOG IT BECAUSE THE FORMATTING IS TERRIBLE AND I CAN'T TOLERATE THAT

10. Carnivorous Moogle

tfw you're not sure if you kind of want to do a thing because it would actually be nice or helpful to do right this instant, or because you're used to it being a thing that makes you feel good even though it won't in your current circumstance.

(or, 'would i actually have fun trying to write/rp angor rot right now, or is my shrieky little brain trying to skinnerbox itself out of taking a nap for something i won't actually enjoy')

• Like x 1
  11. Void

i mean, we can try to do a little rp, and if it's not helping we can take a break and you can nap! that's legitimate

• Like x 1
  12. Angor Rot

Angor Rot would you rather i rip off a piece of yours?

i haven't slept since the summer of 1297

• Like x 1
  13. Void

pfft

• Like x 1
  14. Carnivorous Moogle

that might work if you're up for it ye! i probably won't be very good at it tho rest in pieces

15. Void

dear when am i ever Good At It

as long as it's fun, it doesn't matter how 'good' you are

• Like x 1
  16. Carnivorous Moogle

(i think you're pretty good at it :P)

and that's true! i guess... hm, i'm not sure if 'good' is the right word exactly, it's not so much that it feels like it's Bad and Not Worth It if i don't do it Correctly, more like it's easy to get where it feels like i'm ragdolling a lifeless puppet around instead of a character if i try to write/rp them too much when i'm lost as to where to go with them?

hard to words properly, i guess, but it's like when you try to read a book for too long and suddenly everything that happens feels kind of disjointed and unconnected to everything else, like it's just a bunch of stuff Happening instead of a cohesive, satisfying plot or character?

idk why it happens with me, but sometimes it does and i'm always like 'okay, careful, you might break your toy if you try to push this character into places you're not sure they'll fit yet'

that got rambly but maybe i should nap first, idk, my brain does weird stuff about letting me write characters

17. Void

a nap isn't a bad idea! i'll be around later if you wanna rp!

• Like x 1
  18. Carnivorous Moogle

tfw you see That Anti Rhetoric Circlejerk Fuck Shit going down in a fandom chat group you're in, and you manage to calmly redirect it with Common Sense and actually present your side in a way that may have made some positive difference, but you just

[INHALES]

[EXHALES SLOWLY]

• Like x 2
  19. Carnivorous Moogle

i continue to have a lot of complicated feelings about the ostracization thing. in particular, it just occurred to me that 'everything has to go back to normal as fast as possible, stop ruining it for everyone else' is a poison i've been trying to weed out of my life for years, both in myself and in my relationships with other people. even when i didn't fully realize it beyond 'this situation inspires Noticeable and Sudden Interpersonal Behavior Impulses that feel very much like trauma reactions and i am wigged out by it, what's happening here.'

my family, parents in particular, were masters of the honeymoon phase. 'you hurt someone, and things are going to be different now because of it' is fucking Scary even when 'different' doesn't mean 'worse for the aggressor,' but it's still important. even at points when discussion has been more nuanced, it feels like there's been this fucking overwhelming pressure to just shut up and let things go back to the way they were, we're doing things about it behind the scenes, shhhshshshh, everything has to go back to normal, and i just.

it's not about causing Hurt. you* did something unambiguously wrong, whether it was a fuckup or on purpose. some doors are closed to you now. people are allowed to not let your forget what you did, and that's not mutually exclusive with you having a good life afterward. your actions have consequences.

it's fucking scary and painful, i know, because believe me! i struggle intensely with internalizing that without crumpling into a nonfunctioning ball of existential terror!

just. i don't know how to do the thing without banning in a way that wouldn't easily nosedive straight into toxicity, and i don't know entirely how i feel about the idea even now. but i read wiwaxia's stance as an attempt to show solidarity and support for the idea that Everything Does Not Have to Go Back to Normal, Fuck That, Your Actions Have Consequences, and that is why i both appreciate it strongly and am really upset by the way seebs and co are trying to paint their actions as 'wanting to dehumanize and get rid of all the Bad People,' and label it serial abuse.

consequences for my actions aren't always fun, but i would want people to enforce them for me.

*you being general you

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    • Like x 4
  20. AbsenteeLandLady124

AbsenteeLandLady124 Well-Known Member

I was really confused for a sec and thought there was a new Monster's Inc

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice