arrives with matches

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by local troublemaker, Nov 16, 2016.

1. local troublemaker

local troublemaker professional tumblrina

hey i'm bird, i'm the opposite of this site and i'm here anyways.

2. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

What even is the opposite of kintsugi? Trying to break whole things and leave them unmended? I think that's more of a Kiwifarms thing, tbh.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what you're trying to be up to but you're welcome here regardless. So far the people convinced they'd get thrown out either got bored and left or found themself a part of the community anyway.

• Like x 2
  3. local troublemaker

nah, i'm not a farms person. i just disagree with a lot of people here. but i'm not trying to get kicked, or to troll, or to burn the place down, i'm just here.

• Like x 4
  4. local troublemaker

although it's probably fair to say that i'll end up in conflict, because i disagree with a lot of this site, but i'm not out to deliberately antagonize for the sake of doing so.

• Like x 1
  5. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Hi! What brings you here if you know that you disagree with a lot of the folks here? (And what is it that you disagree about?)

Anyway, welcome regardless

6. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

lotta birbs arriving lately!
    anyways, welcome to the party and don't burn anything down without inviting other people to come watch the pretty fire

• Like x 2
  7. local troublemaker

not sure. i'm partially curious to see if my assessment of the culture is accurate, partially bored, partially need to interact with people even if they hate me.

-i would likely be considered an anti by the community standards, although i don't subscribe to a lot of typical anti ideas
    -i have zero problem laughing at cishets and neurotypicals
    -i think armchair diagnosing people (especially as :narcissist: with no evidence other than "they disagree with me and are loud about it) is kinda uncool
    -i don't think being ace or aro makes you inherently lgbt+
    -i don't think people having bfy/dnfi's is cringey
    -i don't like transformers or homestuck

that's a few, i guess.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    • Like x 3
  8. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

eh, there's a lot of people around here who have similar ideas

you're not like the only person who feels that way about stuff. not everyone likes certain things, and we're not all like one giant collective mass

• Like x 5
  9. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Well, I can think of a few people like that that are already here. Not all of that at once that I know of, but it's always nice to have another point of view.

10. Void

yeah that. also i realized i was so spaced out i forgot to say hi and welcome so consider this that post

11. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah! Hi! Welcome to this forum, I hope you'll like it here, at least.

12. local troublemaker

and that's part of why i'm here, to see if my assessment has been wrong. i've had an inactive account just to observe for awhile, and this is what i came up with. i'm not referring to everyone on the site, just to what strikes me as its overall culture (same as people talking about tumblr as a coherent entity!)

13. Void

oh yeah i feel it about people talking about tumblr as like one total entity haha

there's probably a lot more people here who hold similar beliefs so hopefully you find stuff that appeals to what you like

• Like x 1
  14. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

15. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

For the record I don't think the objection to the byf stuff is generally due to "cringe", although I know a few people have stated it as such. It's more that people are reacting to instances of harmful culture and the like.

Armchair diagnosis is also kinda shitty but I don't think people actually do that all that much (I feel you might be speaking having just read the most recent Tumblr.txt discussions, and I can assure you that people don't often say "I think X person is a narcissist" outside of the context of Ray in CDCF, where the reaction image and such came about after the fact, and where Ray's narcissism was less armchair diagnosis and more "this is the only explanation that makes sense after watching this person have these interactions for X months, and we need some explanation for what is happening here").

Disagree with you on the ace stuff though. Also you don't have to like transformers or Homestuck, heh.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    • Like x 2
  16. Paradigm Shift

Paradigm Shift Sleepy Girl Wants Love

The only thing that bothers me is the "zero problem laughing at cishets and neurotypicals" part. Like...Why?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a lurker and I doubt I have much say, but I don't understand that from other peoples in Kintsugi - it's not like neurotypicals or cishet people are out, as a collective, to make the lives of others poor. Just the really shitty ones, and there are shitty ones of any creed. I'm probably presuming too much about your motivation or mission statement in that, but I just don't understand it as a thing.

Otherwise? Welcome! I think you'll fit in amongst the mess of people here.

17. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

If nothing else you can be in birbclub. Birbclub doesn't talk about Discourse. Birbclub only talks about birbs.

[​IMG]

• Like x 8
  18. local troublemaker

see, we probably disagree on what constitutes harmful culture :P

i've had an account for observation for over a year, so i'm familiar with the ray situation (agree he's awful) and still think there's a ton of armchair diagnosis stuff.

ok.

19. local troublemaker

i'd disagree (sort of) that cishets and nts aren't out to make the lives of others poor. like, of course every individual member of each group as a whole hasn't set out to shit on people but, systematic oppression and privilege, people are allowed to hate their oppressors, etc etc.

forgot to put white ppl in there too :P

• Like x 1
  20. local troublemaker

sadly, i don't actually know that much about birds, it's just my name :>

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice