Art Requests?

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Imoyram, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

Yo. I have new markers and am bored. Send in ideas or suggestions, and I might do them?
    (I do things more when I have motivation, so if it i for someone, and I know they want it, I will attempt it)

This can be something as simple as your icon, or a fantroll (warning not as good at humanoids as I am at objects) or anything really!
    (I am also not the best artist on the block :/ )

Yeah.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  2. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

Ooh, thank you! Can I have a catboy?

3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Draw a mouse! (or, I mean, fantrolls would be cool. or cats. hmm.)

4. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Yes, cats! :D Awesome fun looking colourful cats :)

5. Imoyram

If fantrolls I'd need a simple ref. :/
    Also apologies in advance, this is my first cat, and first mouse. *nervous smile*
    Did this with no references.. didnt think of looking for any until I was done.
    [​IMG]
    Mouse! Got a reference for this, and it turned out much much better than expected
    [​IMG]
    @emythos @mysubaccount

• Like x 3
  6. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Looks good :)

7. emythos

That is a precious mouse. 10/10

8. Imoyram

Yay! First attempt a success! :D

• Like x 2
  9. mysubaccount

Nice choice of colors. Smart of you to use the same marker for light and dark, too, it looks kind of like those ink-only drawings, but with marker!

Are you hoping to get constructive criticism or not serious enough for that right now?

10. Imoyram

Thanks! and sctually they are different markers, but since I have a 50 pack, they really arent that different (I have done that in the past before I got this pack though)
    GLad you like it as well.

Maybe? I like getting better, but I also dont want to freak myself out too much, since its for fun.. O__o

• Like x 1
  11. emythos

Well, you certainly draw EXCELLENT MICE :D

12. Imoyram

Aww thanks :D
    You shouldve seen the outline though, before ears and feet happened, it was this big blob and it was very strange

• Like x 1
  13. emythos

blob mouster.

• Like x 2
  14. emythos

(mouse monster)

• Like x 2
  15. mysubaccount

Well, it's not a race, & it doesn't matter if there are people who draw better if you draw as well as you want to. I'll put some stuff under a spoiler cut and you can look if you want & you don't have to look if you don't.

So like, you should definitely look at references. Also the cat's face looks almost flat, like, you can't see the snout poking out? It looks like you're good at changing how you color to show stuff like fur texture and the cat's spotted pattern, but maybe you'd also like to start using shading to show what shape things are? Like, if the snout had a shadow, you could tell it sticks out better? Um... I'm not sure if I'm explaining that very well, maybe look at some shading videos?

& maybe practice more with, ummm, not sure how to explain, but are you imagining the shapes & sketching them out first? Like are you seeing the head as a ball and the ears as triangles and the snout as kind of a pyramid with the point missing? Um, this video explains it better, maybe?

Your drawings look cute & you don't have to be super serious about drawing The Best Most Realistic Ever if yyou don't want to. But you can get better if you want.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice