based and redpilled: a Matrix thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by vuatson, Jan 1, 2022.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

making this thread because I just got back from the new movie and holy shit is it amazing

2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

it has been so long since a movie made me this excited from start to finish. it was fucking incredible. incoherent, MAJORLY spoilery ramblings:

first off fucking. Agent Smith. he is my GUY. my sibling and I rewatched the first movie and half of the second yesterday (didn't have time to finish the trilogy, gonna try to go back and do it later) and Smith grabbed me directly by the Favorite Character lobe of my brain and shook me around like a dog. his god damn motivation is "you finish your job, then you can go on break." the mind behind the Matrix (Deus?) really decided to make a white blood cell that hated his job, hated his workplace, hated everything he was made for, and told him that when it was finished he could stop. they made him just human enough to be disgusted with all the most humanlike parts of himself, and with everything humanity represented - and then Neo came and pulled him just a little farther, and now what is he? i need to watch the rest of the original trilogy just for him alone.

and then there was Neo, and Trinity and Neo, and fucking. he's not the One. they are the One. they're so. two halves of a whole. and the way the Analyst constructed his entire version of the Matrix around their mutual longing to be whole!!! and beyond them, the way the whole Matrix is built on how that state of unfulfilled yearning makes a human into the most efficient possible battery - it's an even less subtle metaphor than it was bef0re, but damn is it well done.

and! and and and!!! AI CHARACTERS!!!! AAAAAAAA THE AI CHARACTERS I about cut off the blood flow to my sibling's fingers when they started explaining how Synthients (spelling?) are built into the society of the new city of Io. and when the botanist and the digitologist were showing off their strawberry, which they worked together to pull from the code of the Matrix into reality - totally impossible without both of them, together. and the bots on the ship. and the programs still in the matrix, the good ones, the bad ones. I'm just. fucking emotional about AI characters. god damn.

i'm gonna have to see this again too once I finish with the trilogy lol

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice