BDZ Commits a Creative

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by BaseDeltaZero, Oct 15, 2019.

1. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

This advice wasn't addressed to me, but it sounds like a good idea. I've done a modest amount of art, though not as much as I'd have liked, and none of it nearly as well as I'd have liked. So I decided I'd start a thread for my old art, and possibly writing, and periodically post to it. While I'm at it, I can also maybe do a bit of analysis of what I do and don't like about the old stuff? Mostly don't.

Who knows, maybe I'll even post up-to-date stuff! Eventually.

2. BaseDeltaZero

The full version of my avatar! Depicting Nove from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS. (Obviously not wearing her skates. I figure the glowy bits on her boots are part of a storage system). Amusingly, I was attempting to draw all the Numbers at the time, but this wasn't part of that series, just for my avatar. The Nove for that series was... worse.

NoveAvatarRedraw.png

I still think this is reasonably decent for me, and well... I think it's neat. I'm kind of proud of the lighting. It's shiny. I like shiny things to an unreasonable degree, and how it illuminates the metal and polymer parts of the suit differently. though there are some areas where it doesn't quite do what I'd like, especially around the face, though I do like the hair overall. The face in general I feel is kind of lacking in... detail? Quality? Contour? That's just... a problem I had, possibly having much to do with style. The knees, boots, chest and crotch area also seem to lack... definition? The top of the bust could maybe do a little work but I think that general bit is alright. And now that I mention it, I really dislike the shadow on the crotch, it doesn't make sense. The reflectivity of the different materials falters a little bit with the glowing cores on the 'anklets'. And generally that bit isn't all that I could wish it to be.
    Oh and, the left hand is just bad. Hands are evil.

There's a few minor errors, like color that doesn't *quite* match the lines and a few places where there's shadow over nothing, but I'd say it's a relatively minor thing.

strikersetc3%20(50).jpg

I based this image on another I'd been using (in part) as my avatar before. Unfortunately I can't quite conform the original artist.
    I was going for a somewhat more realistic sort of style... or at least less anime. While the original is definitely shiny, I'm also... not entirely sure where the light is coming from? Definetly did those knees better than I did... though I'm not entirely sure what's going on with those breasts.

3. BaseDeltaZero

Y'know, I suppose that eventually I might, possibly, perhaps be able to force this thread into relevance.
    Since I didn't want to post two Nanohas in a row for arbitrary reasons, have another thing from the archive... also kind of a redraw, this time of a... random VN concept I took exception to for wasting a perfectly good plot?

[​IMG]
    Meet Holly Fiorenza, Succubus/Lilim/Demoness with an a bit of an obsession with wolves and pregnancy, or better yet, both. From a... story of sorts I was writing, based on a wasted VN plot (too much hareming, not nearly enough High Powered Magic Battles and General Bastardry). Anyway, I think the pic is not terrible. I like the 'demon' form better overall, both are pretty okay, though, overall. Human form is... I really don't like the face, now, and a lot of the features aren't as detailed as I'd like, such as the pants, shirt, and especially shoes. Demon form has similar problem, especially in the belt and feet. I think the overall shading is good, though, and think the hair went relatively well.

Oh, and, of course, the background is trash garbage. I should probably like. Start thinking about backgrounds *before* drawing the rest of the pic, and not just like. Draw a recreation of Mt. Ranier, then lazily slap on a tree stamp. I also now realize that the moon, the mountain, and a bit of 'tree' that never happened have their outline showing. Which is just sad.

Fun fact: Apparently this Shite Ass Background is like, enormously data-intensive because this is a 2 megabyte file. I had to upload it through Dropbox.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  4. BaseDeltaZero

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice