BPD hell: the same hell as before, but now I have a name for it

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by sidneyia, Apr 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sidneyia

sidneyia from TV

I was diagnosed with BPD on March 13 after suspecting it for the last couple of years. Last week I had an initial visit with a therapist. Everything went so well that I kept double-checking to see if it was too good to be true. My copay would only be $10 and we verified this over the phone w/ the insurance company with both myself and the therapist present so there could be no misunderstandings, and the office was nice and in town and I was going to see her every week.

But the nagging "what's the catch?" voice didn't stop and sure enough, when I came home there was an email stating that ACTUALLY my insurance doesn't cover me at all and I retroactively owe $80 for the session I already had.

Now my #1 reason for seeking therapy (this go-round at least) is that my paranoia is making it hella difficult to function and I can't trust anybody and I can't stop assuming that everyone's intentions are the very worst. So for them to pull a bait-and-switch on me like that is.... not so great for my trust issues, let's just say.

I've reached out to a couple of other therapists whom I've double-triple-quadruple checked actually take my insurance (lol, watch them not) but no one's gotten back to me yet. In the meantime I feel like my thoughts are too scattered to even attempt any of the at-home DBT stuff you can do. I need help unscrambling everything before I can even get to that point.

• Witnessed x 3
  2. sidneyia

sidneyia from TV

TIL: the aching I feel when i’m reminded that I’m not part of any culture or affinity group(s) and have no cultural identities or labels that I can claim or relate to is commonly referred to as “emptiness” and it is a BPD symptom!

Is it possible to uh, make that go away?

3. sidneyia

sidneyia from TV

Emptiness -> insane jealousy toward people who have their lifestyles etc. considered "radical" and "revolutionary" or basically anybody who's special in any way at all -> more emptiness -> rinse, repeat

4. sidneyia

sidneyia from TV

i hurt myself for the first time since i was 17, wtf i'm too old for this, i'm too old to relapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice