BPD thread

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Charlie, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Honestly, if there's another BPD thread I'll delete this but from what I've seen there isn't. So... BPD thread

Wasn't feeling creative so if someone has any suggestions for the title, throw em at me

• Like x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I don't have any specific discussion rn, but I don't think there was a BPD thread before, and I'm very glad there is now. Thank you for making it! <3

• Like x 1
  3. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

I feel like the often talked hardest part about BPD is the emotions. Which is understandable, I suppose. They're the ones that usually cause the most desperate and life altering consequences. Splitting can have very nasty consequences. The back and forth tug of any emotional relationship. (Personally I also have a long lasting inability to get too involved with people bc I veto them over silly things I know are superficial but which convince me that when they know more about me they'll turn on me. A special cocktail of emotional paranoia.)

But personally, even though I can have extreme emotions I am usually good at knowing when they are too extreme and distancing myself. I'm very good at dissociating, mentally. Not sure if that's the autism or the BPD but both have a high comorbidity/overlap with dissociation.

Anyway, this is all coming down to the fact I feel struggling with emptiness is the hardest part. The gaping stretches of not-quite-being-a-person and apathy. Know it's different for everyone. But it really bothers me, gets to me most and tips me most towards that feeling of just being on the edge of humanity.

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice