Bren Cameron and the Very Bad Horrible No Good Trip to Malguri (C. J. Cherryh's Foreigner Series)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by OtherCat, Sep 12, 2016.

1. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

I just finished finished Visitor, the most recent Foreigner book!

Overall I liked it, except there was a lot of "explain the thing" and "what has gone on before" in it. The meetings and interactions were pretty interesting, and the Cajieri and Irene and Irene's Issues With her Mom side plot was something I found myself to be pretty invested in. (I ship Cajieri/Irene apparently. Also, does anyone else think that Irene's Mom has Mental Health Issues?) The big reveal of who the kyo are at war with was a great reveal, and Bren trying to figure out how the hell to handle the new information was pretty great. I feel very very sorry for Cullen, mostly because I'm unsure if his general personality is actively suited to the role he's been drafted for.

Anyone else have any opinions on the Foreigner books?

Foreigner ended up being my "gate way novel" to Cherryh's works, even though I had read the Morgaine novels previously. Foreigner was the first book by her that I really enthusiastically enjoyed, which prompted me to read other works by Cherryh. (I had an initial negative response to her work because of Cyteen.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice