1. Got more to do, but reached a good stopping point and things seem to be working.
    Dismiss Notice

Briar's robot yell hole

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Briar, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

So I've been meaning to get around to this! Hello everyone, welcome to a place where I'll probably screm about robots and books I'm reading and various creative ventures. Likes/interaction welcome!

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  2. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

TFCON WAS AMAZING

I got awesome merch and had a great time, tipsily rambling about a robot ot4 to a room of other tipsy transformers fans was the best thing. Also, Canada is not that interesting and foreign honestly, it's mostly exactly like the US except with French road signs and money that looks like it's from Monopoly.

• Winner x 3
  3. Acey

Acey cicadas taking cover while we stomp around

Honestly yeah, I went to Toronto last year and it wasn’t a terribly foreign-feeling place? Quebec would probably feel more foreign, but that’s about it, I would think.

And I’m so glad you had such a blast!! :D Cons are so much fun.

• Agree x 1
  4. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Yeah, Toronto was basically just, less populated America with different branded stores and weird plasticy money.

• Agree x 1
  5. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Halfway through The Tombs of Atuan, so far I love it? Arha/Tenar is great and I love her. Yell with me about Earthsea pls

6. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

EY GUESS WHO'S GOING TO TFCON DC

it me

• Winner x 4
  7. Acey

AWWWW YEAHHH!! Have a great time and be sure to tell us all about it!! :D

8. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Cleaned an ancient broken window air conditioning unit, it's dried in the sun and I'm reassembling it like a puzzle.

Braveheart is helping!

IMG_20190724_184511-01.png

• Winner x 7
  9. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Old roommate moving out the 1st, new roommate moving in the 2nd! Gotta do so much to get ready, tomorrow will suck, I have so many things to do, but she's really nice and I'm happy to live with her. Wish me luck in cleaning all the things!

• Like x 1
  10. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Also, fuck ten hour shifts, I am finally home and gonna shower, then make myself food, probably eggs with spinach and mushrooms and hot sauce, for I am quite tired and uncreative and also the kitchen is full of Moving Stuff.

• Witnessed x 1
  11. Acey

*sends you Cleaning Vibes!*

• Winner x 1
  12. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Old roommate is out, though not all her stuff, and new roommate is moving in on Friday, and I have done so much cleaning.

Also! New (to me) stuff! An egg chair, a bookcase, a wire rack for the kitchen (plants!!!!), and a little dresser I can put my printer on. Still need a couch, am aggressively not going to have a TV in the common space. If roommate wants one she can put it in her room.

And new soft cat carrier that they both hate but Dearheart will at least fit in. Not gonna put Braveheart in it again, but it's better than the plastic one for Dearheart. It's so, so hard to get her in the plastic one, and they have a vet appointment Saturday, so I wanted to make it less awful for her. Still need a soft one that Braveheart fits in comfortably that he can't get out of though.

• Winner x 3
  13. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

It is 3am and I am putting a bookshelf together! I long for death, someone send me good vibes or cat pictures or something to talk about please.

• Witnessed x 3
  14. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

what does your username mean & who's the elf in your profile pic (I'm guessing Maitimo)

• Like x 1
  15. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

you guess correctly! my favorite terrible kinslayer and kidnap dad.

Briar is bc I wanted a nature username and pulled one out of my ass while staring at the kintsugi registration screen, and liked it so much it ended up my name on a bunch of other places.

• Like x 3
  16. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

What's your username from?

also, silm!!!! pls yell about silm stuff at me I will listen forever

• Like x 1
  17. bushwah

oh yes maitimo is a war criminal murder gremlin and I want to squoosh him like a recalcitrant cat

thought it might be a reference to tamora pierce's circle of magic series, which has a character named briar. lucky coincidence I guess, you share a name with a stone cold badass. (uh. heavy cw disordered eating, if you wanna read the book about pierce's briar. really good book, but.)

I love when random generation gets you something that sticks. me, I've been going by "bushwah" since 2013. nabbed it from david weber's harringtons; they're profanity-light, although they're not primarily for children (the plot arc of the first several books is a transparent allegory for the french revolution and it really gets into the intrigue).

• Informative x 1
  18. bushwah

hm? oh no you don't want my silm stuff it's just uh, celebrimbor/sauron shipping and puns

• Winner x 3
  19. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

HELLO IT IS THE SOUND OF MY BEST TERRIBLE OTP

• Winner x 1
  20. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

also I do know Briar from Tamora Pierce's books! read some of Circle of Magic when I was a kid, forgot about it, found out I shared a name with him, reread books, loved them instantly (Briar is great! v happy to share a name with him)

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice