Can I Accidentally Report Something?

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by afarewelltokings, Jun 18, 2019.

1. afarewelltokings

afarewelltokings the internet's #1 Julia Child fan

I always worry that I accidentally press the report button. I wasn't sure if that's something I can actually do, or if I'd get some sort of confirmation message for reporting something?

2. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Yeah it asks you for why you're reporting the thing so you can just cancel it there

• Informative x 1
  3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

When you press report, it pops up a little window thing where you can type the reason for reporting and then hit send or cancel. So if u hit report just click exit or click somewhere else on the page to get rid of it

Eta: like so
    20190618_045916.jpg

• Informative x 1
  4. afarewelltokings

afarewelltokings the internet's #1 Julia Child fan

Thank you! I'm always worried that I'll end up accidentally reporting something, this is very reassuring.

• Like x 1
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Incidentally, the mods have actually encouraged the reporting of, e.g., cute animal pics so they can see them, so it's not the end of the world even if you did.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Yeah, literally anything you think warrants looking at can be reported! You can't report accidentally, as demonstrated, but we'd rather people report more rather than less. People have reported things just because they wanted a sanity check on something not-in-public. Also if you ever want a name change on your main or any subaccounts it is strongly encouraged to report those posts so that they don't get lost.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice