Can I just recommend this place to random people

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by vuatson, Mar 13, 2017.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

When I see someone I follow but have never spoken to posting upset about needing help with bad mental health things happening to them and/or bad life shit, is it cool to send them an ask pointing them to this forum? I always want to, but haven't felt comfortable doing so because I'm not 100% clear on invitation etiquette. I follow a ton of people and almost never interact with anyone on tumblr, so these are pretty much always people who I've never spoken to and may not know much about other than the contents of their post.

Is it okay to send them a link to the forum, or should I only do that for people who I know at least a bit more about?

(edit: screenshots of an example person's personal posts deleted)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Sure, go for it.

• Like x 1
  3. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

I think the screenshots should probably be deleted since they're personal and you can get the same information across by paraphrasing them instead but inviting this person is a good idea. Seems like they need practical support.

ETA: To answer the underlying question, inviting whoever you like to join is fine in all cases.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    • Like x 1
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Alright, I went ahead and deleted the screenshots. Should have trusted my gut :P

And thank you! I thought that it would probably be okay but I get really nervous about issues of etiquette and community standards and stuff. I'll send them a link.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice