Cedar's Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by chaoticArbiter, Sep 15, 2015.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

:( can you take a bit in between seeing him? or write stuff out before hand?

2. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I might try the second one. like, I might try writing him a letter or something and giving him that, and making sure it's not super passive-aggressive or anything so that it's all good.
    I could take some time in between talking to him, but honestly, last time I split and tried to just not talk to the person, it made the split worse....

• Like x 1
  3. emythos

yeah, try the letter, then.

• Like x 1
  4. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

ARGHHHH

Ok so you are saying that when the CAUSE of "bad things will happen when you don't control your emotions" happens, the EFFECT is "then you learn pretty fast to control your emotions."

So I have said that I don't know how to control my emotions. It feels like you are saying that therefore, since I don't have the effect, I must not have the cause! I must just never have had any effects for my emotional outbursts! I never got kicked out of school after school and had no friends and got screamed at and hurt by my mom, because if I DID, MAYBE I WOULD HAVE LEARNED PRETTY QUICK TO CONTROL MY EMOTIONS!!!

5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

what keeps happening with you in this thread: you take another person's symptoms/experiences as a judgement and condemnation on you personally, you get angry, you yell at them.

this is not a good thing. if you can't stop doing that, you need to stay out of this thread.

6. chaoticArbiter

a brief update on my situation with my friend:
    I cannot write a letter to him that is not v v emotionally charged and potentially hurtful to him. I don't know what to do.

7. emythos

:hug:
    have different person go between?

8. chaoticArbiter

*hugs*
    that is a good idea
    that might actually work
    it would need to be someone who's friends with both of us or something though, so that the go-between person is not biased.
    maybe our girlfriend? she's very calm and not emotional about situations...hmmm.

• Like x 1
  9. emythos

:)
    yeah, she sounds like a good bet.

• Like x 1
  10. chaoticArbiter

further update, in case you were wondering, @emythos
    got our girlfriend to be a go-between last night
    she talked to me and then she talked to him and then she got us into a group chat and explained what both of us thought of the situation, and we talked it out
    there were several misunderstandings between me and him that she helped us resolve, and then me and him had a private Serious Discussion about my splitting and what caused it and how he needs to be more careful about what he says and how I need to be less affected by what he says and now we both have some stuff we're working on and the important thing is that it all worked out and we are talking again and everything is good!

• Like x 3
  11. emythos

yay! I'm super glad things are working out :)

• Like x 1
  12. chaoticArbiter

bluhs into this thread again
    things
    are not great
    I hate
    everything
    that is all

13. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

*offers hugs*
    can you get yourself a hot chocolate or something? Because I think you deserve one right now.

14. chaoticArbiter

lmao no bc if I go in the kitchen my mom's going to make snide comments about how I don't need to gain any more weight and that I better be getting a glass of water and nothing else and then I might just start crying because I really cannot take her nitpicking anymore tbh
    the hugs are welcome though
    I could use hugs

15. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

YOur mom's kinda a shithead wow.
    I'mma e-hug the hell out of you! You're precious and we like you and you deserve nice things!

16. chaoticArbiter

I should kind of be used to it by now because she is always like this and I'm just
    why am I still so easily upset by her and everything she does
    but yay hugs and people who like me

17. jacktrash

wow, your mom is an asshole D:

18. chaoticArbiter

shrug
    my mom is just
    like that
    I live with it

19. jacktrash

i dig that you have to live with it for now bro, i'm just. aghast. holy shit. all my sympathies for having to put up with that unholy bullshit.

• Like x 1
  20. chaoticArbiter

yeah...thanks. like, legitimately.
    it sucks, but there's not much to be done for now.
    someday, though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice