Character adopts

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by ChelG, Oct 8, 2018.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm debating getting into these. I'm better at writing than drawing, so I might do better to have a simple design and a written profile in the package. Does anyone think that's a thing people would want?

• Like x 1
  2. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

its hard to say! some people really enjoy making characters from scratch, or might feel like, constrained to the profile that you have available? you could write out the profile and say its like optional and buyers can choose to use/draw inspiration from it if they wish?

3. Paradigm Shift

Paradigm Shift Sleepy Girl Wants Love

I'm not trying to crap on the idea, but I've legitimately never understood these or what they are. Is it like buying the rights to an image and sometimes that's packaged with other content? Are the stories always part of the deal?

4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It's buying the rights to a character design which you can use however you want in the future, and no, usually it's just the image. I was just wondering if I could make it work with written ones. I decided to try out the art kind instead to start out with, made a simple little cartoon image I can edit a few different ways.

5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, while I work on mine, I'll show off some cute ones I found. How do you like the Ice Cream Cows?

6. rje

rje here comes the sun

You can usually find free bases on DA or other art sites that have like, hair, ears, tails, sometimes clothing options, that if you have a program to color them with you can use to make adopts or just images to go along with the written blurbs. if that helps

eta: you do have to have either sai or photoshop or another program that opens psd files tho

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh, I've found some good bases, working on them.

8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Here are my first ones! I'll be able to make better-looking ones once I get a better art program but here's a start.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i will say that the adopt market is INCREDIBLY hard to break into so dont get discouraged like i did hahahah

10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Trying to make base and CANNOT get face to look right! Argh! Trouble is I don't even really know what I want the face to look like. I'm making monster people with mustelid traits and I can't decide how animal-like or how realistic to go, and no attempt I make looks right and I don't like any of the options I've found in ready-made bases. Hope the custom bases person gets back to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice