Character Arrival/Backstories

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by Technicality, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Basically, this thread is for putting the arrival stories and/or backstories of your character as discussed in the main KiS thread.
    GO!

2. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

The radio has always been here, as long as anyone can remember. And with the radio, there has been Kay. It is not strange to think about. No one finds it odd. There has always been a radio station. How else is everyone supposed to keep up with the community news?

• Like x 2
  3. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

It's...weirdly bright in here. Wherever here is. I raise my hand up to cover my eyes and notice that it doesn't do much of anything. Then again, that might be because my hand doesn't quite exist. It's sort of a grey, dotted outline.
    I look around where I am and don't see anything. A thick mist has covered my surroundings.
    Suddenly, I feel a huge range of feelings as my nerves come into existence. I feel a tail spring into being behind me. I try to scream out (it really fucking hurts) but I find I don't have a mouth; in fact, I don't have anything at all above my torso, though that's rapidly changing. The dotted line is becoming solid as I become real.
    As the last part of the line seals up, I cough. I realize I'm quite a fair way in the air. Around me is just sky (as well as a sperm whale and a bowl of petunias). At that moment, physics kicks in, and I start to fall to the ground.
    I hit the ground with a whump and lose consciousness mere moments after I've gained it.

• Like x 1
  4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

The mist works its way into the deep tunnels, filtering through rockfalls and sending a pile of moondust to who-knows-where.

In a rockfall, a leg shifts, and rocks tumble down. A creature's feather-fronted wings twitch, sending more rocks cascading down.

The dragon stands. It's the size of a large horse already, with its two back-ridges just starting to develop. They don't even have any lighting, yet. Her wings are patterned with magical circuits, allowing for her to fly even in deep space. He breathes magic, not air.

With a faint shimmer, glowing patterns form all over the young dragon, and they begin making their way to the surface, lighting the way with their shapeshifted lamps.

5. kmoss

kmoss whoops

and then got a job as an intern with the radio station

#relevant information

• Like x 3
  6. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Void literally just appeared one day. Slipped in from another dimension, started eating your stuff.

• Like x 3
  7. kmoss

kmoss whoops

i just like how within three days of void's entrance, we were already mounting vorexpeditions

• Like x 3
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Library Cody came from tumblropolis, they were one of the early settlers and made friends with the library. They were created in a lab which they escaped from.

• Like x 1
  9. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

if you ask void nicely they can at least retrieve most eaten things cuz their insides are just a pocket dimension

• Like x 3
  10. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Raven flew in with a delivery from Space Amazon, and then the ship broke down in orbit. He's stuck here until he can get enough supplies to repair the ship, and get fuel from the nearest gas giant.

• Like x 2
  11. Kite from the library

Kite from the library Library room excavator [18+]

A long, line time ago, Kite set out to see the world.
    One day, a long way from home, a ghostly landscape rose around it, grass and trees and shrubs swaying in an unfelt breeze, through roads and walls and houses. And Kite thought, why not, and stepped through.

The Night Forest, as it heard it be called, was a strange and liminal place, unchanging but with many, many layers, for the dreaming land remembered many, many things.

And then it continued on. It visited cities that bloomed like steel flowers, and rode in ships between the stars, sometimes as pilot itself. It lived in the city Scelus for a while, working for an old platypus transformer. And then it continued on.

And one day, it arrived on Kintsugi, and found a job at the library, which made good use of its natural inclination to gather and catalogue knowledge. It likes it here, and will stay for a while.

Kite does not remember where it came from, or what path it took.
    Kite does not know how old it is, any more. But that's alright. It has stories to tell.

12. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  13. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Snitch was always here.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice