Chat!

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by albedo, Jun 4, 2015.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Yeah, I know they don't want me to. But I saw someone comment about no longer having their chat logs because they'd blocked someone and what the fuck is that, that's not how logging works.

• Like x 1
  2. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Yeah Skype is weird about logging

3. seebs

Okay, so I appear to have made an account. I am now the_real_seebs. I have no idea how to use this program. I would love to know a way to disable any attempt to interact with audio, since I hate audio.

• Like x 1
  4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

There should be, buried somewhere in your account settings, options on who can call you. You can also disable all notification sounds

5. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors Merely a whitebait in the mayo of life

Tools ---> Options ---> Audio Settings and also Sounds

• Like x 1
  6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

7. seebs

On the Mac version, it appears there's no volume settings, so I can't do the "turn volume to zero" thing. I can restrict calls to "contacts", but I can't turn them off entirely. How annoying.

So apparently if I don't want calls, I have to set it to do-not-disturb, but that also prevents messages. Huh.

8. Void

I don't think anyone will be doing audio because we all were like "ahh audio"

• Like x 1
  9. seebs

Ah-hah! I can just have it automatically forward them to voice messaging, which I can then ignore. ... except that even though I enabled that in my skype account page, the app doesn't think it's enabled. Hmm.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  10. ADigitalMagician

ADigitalMagician The Ranty Tranny

11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Re: audio. Even if some of us do wanna audio, it is possible to opt out of group calls (just click the red nope button and you´re out)

12. albedo

albedo metasperg

We might at some point - Wes was hoping for it, iirc - but it'll be strictly opt-in, I think.

13. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Hmm. I could add @seebs to my contacts and she could invite me to the chat, and thus avoid saying anything about any connections anywhere public. I'll have to consider it, or make another Skype account.

• Like x 1
  14. seebs

I don't actually have any clue how contacts work in skype. But I started it up and got contact requests from things like [fart noises], so I guess it's working.

15. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

[fart noises] is my Christian name on account of it being in the Holly Bibble.

• Like x 1
  16. K25fF

K25fF Nerdbase alpha

Oooh, chat! My skype name is k25ffa1, if anyone wants to add me.

17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Come to the chat, we have schenanigans. Paging @Void

18. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

That is somewhat of an understatement.

• Like x 1
  19. ADigitalMagician

ADigitalMagician The Ranty Tranny

Do you need an invite to the room, or?

20. Void

Someone has to add you I am just slow cuz at work

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice