1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheshire Cat Tale: Hyperfixation Station

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Codeless, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

So a lot of people have vent threads that double as social threads for their smaller friend group. I like that idea but I don´t want to entertain friends in a bunch of sharp metaphor shards, so I have made this thread.
    Since Brainbent was once upon a time made for overflow from socialing on the brainbent blog, I think it goes here. (If it´s ok mods, I prefer it were left here and not moved.)

Bonus points to anyone who gets the nerd reference in the title. Hint, it´s an area of interest often stereotyped as the opposite of nerdy.

Also I have failed to sleep for two days in a row, Hi.

• Like x 2
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I clicked on a Nostalgia critic Transformer thing, expecting a review. Instead a strange man screamed at me. I´m going back to Nostalgia chick (except she´s out of Tf stuff)

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Sometimes one finds good things in youtube comments. Or at least funny things.

• Like x 6
  4. Verily

Verily invests her cash in stock in Cyber Disney

Well, it was a thorough plan?

5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

It was! Also that commenter needs to reaad IDW i hear Soundywave get an arc there!

6. Verily

Verily invests her cash in stock in Cyber Disney

I also heard that! I'm looking forward to it. :D

I'm so annoyed that this med situation has made it difficult to read comics. Things were just getting really good!

7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Ye, that sucks.

• Agree x 1
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I should continue reading exrid and stuff in search of the elusive soundwave arc

• Like x 1
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Sleepy, being pestered by cats. should feed cats and then mebbe nap
    hope my phone doesn´t betray me

• Like x 1
  10. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

Yeeeah, his really early stuff is screamy AND it has audio problems. I wouldn't watch anything of his before 2010

Here's some that are not screamy:

G1 cartoon, has a lengthy skit in front of it that's pretty ok even though some of the jokes go on too long

• Like x 1
  11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Ah yeah, i couldn´t get through the skit.

12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Jellycats!

CodyCat-Today at 2:59 PM

something something weird beautiful lines and jellyfish
    If I´m not fictional am I a jellyfish? Jellycat.
    IvyLB-Today at 3:13 PM
    man jellycat sounds
    adorble
    CodyCat-Today at 3:15 PM
    watery purrs
    purr bubbles
    IvyLB-Today at 3:16 PM
    cute
    CodyCat-Today at 3:17 PM
    tentacles for whiskers and really fluffy tails because actually covered in tentacles
    IvyLB-Today at 3:22 PM
    yessssss
    sirsparklepants-Today at 3:35 PM
    I would love that as a pet
    CodyCat-Today at 3:36 PM
    heheh
    I know some time ago, i think in the subeta chat, we were talking aobut cat jellyfish, jellies with cat ears and tails. Maybe those are to kitten form of jellycats.
    i do suspect you´d need a tank for your jellycat sparkles
    must get hand wet to pet
    IvyLB-Today at 3:39 PM
    happens xP
    CodyCat-Today at 3:40 PM
    also just. a pond or a room of jellycat tank
    must have room tozoom
    IvyLB-Today at 3:42 PM
    yesssss
    sirsparklepants-Today at 3:42 PM
    If I could I'd get in the tank with the jellycat :P
    IvyLB-Today at 3:42 PM
    concept: adorable merfolk who is jellycat farmer
    sirsparklepants-Today at 3:42 PM
    Honestly I'd love to keep actual jellies but I know their tanks are high maintenance and expensive
    CodyCat-Today at 3:43 PM
    heee. well idk if they famr or herd any better than fuzzy cats :P. Might just be jellycat propurrty
    ye
    IvyLB-Today at 3:43 PM
    yes xP
    CodyCat-Today at 3:44 PM
    Also I bet jellycats like the places where sun shines into the water and makes it warm
    IvyLB-Today at 3:45 PM
    yesssss
    CodyCat-Today at 3:48 PM
    Divers just gotta remeber they do need to remove jellycats from their laps eventually
    breathing and all
    IvyLB-Today at 3:49 PM
    hehehehehee
    sirsparklepants-Today at 3:49 PM
    Awwww
    CodyCat-Today at 3:51 PM
    probably ideal to sit somewhere shallow so your head can be out of water while the rest sits in water, including the jellycat
    IvyLB-Today at 3:51 PM
    yes
    defintiely
    sirsparklepants-Today at 4:03 PM
    Oh is there a Bayformers stream today?
    I unwatched the tf thread because I'm behind on current comics
    CodyCat-Today at 4:03 PM
    not today, this weekend
    sirsparklepants-Today at 4:03 PM
    Ah
    CodyCat-Today at 4:04 PM
    now i wonder if clear skeletons are a thing
    IvyLB-Today at 4:04 PM
    huh
    CodyCat-Today at 4:05 PM
    (Thinking jellycats might need one for claws and fangs. Because being clear would be handy for hunting)
    sirsparklepants-Today at 4:05 PM
    In nature? A few fish have them
    hee
    sirsparklepants-Today at 4:05 PM
    I can't remember which off the top of my head but they exist
    nice
    possibly thise tiny ones with the colour in them? they´re neonfish in german layperson, but no idea fo their real name
    (But ye, jallycat can just sit somewhere and pretend to be water until a fish comes within catching distance)
    sirsparklepants-Today at 4:07 PM
    Oh the zebrafish? I think there are some that are engineered to be transparent but I don't think they occur naturally
    CodyCat-Today at 4:07 PM
    ah
    sirsparklepants-Today at 4:07 PM
    A couple deep water fish do tho
    CodyCat-Today at 4:08 PM
    hehe
    hmm, if jellycats have stinger in their tailtentacles they could also just wave their tails in the qater till they sting something and then eat that something.
    (Jelly i htink makes bad muscles)

• Like x 3
  13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Gyaru is definitely Not My Thing.
    I have an interesting kinda process with fashion styles and what I like and dislike I noticed. Mainly in that it´s very visceral. From my first look at it, I really liked how Lolita looked even though I didn´t think I would ever want to personally wear it (I was wrong).
    I will go through shifts in what I want to be wearing Right Now, and will if able shop, but otherwise dream and try to dress accordingly, but there´s a few, often widly different, styles that I just Like, and would claim as being mine.
    (For masculine styles, this leans strongly toward either tailored suits, or robes and drapes)

VS Gyaru, or for example hip hop styled clothing, both of which are just viscerally Nope.
    (Doesn´t mean they´re objectively bad, I just do not like them and do not find them pretty, personally)
    And I cant really explain it very well. I can point at elements I dislike, but there´s elements I dislike in fashions I like as well. For all my analyzing and nerding about fashion, I find it interesting that it still just comes down to this flat, unthinking like it or not.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

If Gyaru is anything like Ganguro, then it's a style that gets very close to blackface, with super tan skin and white around the eyes and mouth. I also get very Nope whenever I see that.

15. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Ganguro is the only style that does tan skin with very light and bright eye makeup. And while I underszend the instinctual nope reaction it has nothing to do with blackface, lacking the cultural context.
    Gyaru is very much a Hip Sexy Girly kinda look with big poofy teased hair and short skirts, oversized Sweaters, frilly blouses, etc. It emphasizes femininity in a similar way to Lolita, with none of the modesty, they came from the same era and as different responses to the same problem. But where Lolita responded to "Japanese Women are supposed to be submissive quiet and conservatively and painly dressed to best appeal to potential husbands." with "No I want to take up outrageous amounts of space and be sexually unappealing to men in my loud femininity", Gyaru responded with "No, I'm sexy for myself and on my own terms and none of them are quiet, submissive or conservative."
    Ganguro is a similar response with less emphasis on femininity and more about defiance of traditional beauty norms.
    Kawaii as a movement is very much about defiance.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Gyaru to me looks very much like the mental image I have of the highschool queen bee. Very girly in a, in that case a bit deliberately artificial looking way. Tan skin isn´t involved.
    There really isn´t anything objectively wrong with it, my reaction is very much subjective.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  17. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I really love all of the "I am being as feminine as possible in the most artificial way possible, fuck ur standards" fashion styles
    they just make my brain happy

• Like x 3
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Of course in a great twist, I now kinda want some masc clothes. Though I´m still really afraid of it making my dysphoria worse. I have money, though some is earmarked for a coat. Not suuuper sure what coat yet. Kinda considering taking it out in cash and setting it aside until I have an idea.

Otherwise, I still have spare money but i´d been planning to spend it on a dress. I could spend it on more masc clothes, but am slightly afraid I´ll just kick myself for that later.

19. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

can you try stuff on to see if it works before you wear it?

20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Well I can try stuff on in stores. Should probably do that.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice