Christmas blues

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by EulersBidentity, Dec 25, 2015.

1. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

Hi everyone I made a thread for this because I think all the status feed posts may get pretty emotionally overloading for anyone just glancing at the homepage. Also there's no character limit, and also I want to complain about Christmas but I can't do that on Tumblr because two of my sisters follow me and they might be offended.

Anyway it's past midnight and I have to sleep, but please feel free to post your Xmas blues for the group hug.

#Those words I just typed didn't make sense #I am so shattered

• Like x 1
  2. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I got uninvited from Christmas dinner so now I am sitting here alone

• Like x 2
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I honestly feel bad because i should be appreciating how normal and cool my family is but i'm an overloaded mess and holidays seem to attract my terrible moods like 90% of the times so my christmas was kinda *SHRUGS LOUDLY*

• Like x 2
  4. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Things worked out in the end and I feel a bit better about it, but. Day went... kind of wonky as fuck.

We didn't get to decorate, or do presents aside from a game each we bought yesterday because there's just too much going on right now. And with how isolated I am, it was just gonna be another day. We went for a 'date' to base to get those games, and to get a bite to eat for lunch like normal people but it left me really sick and lots of heart pain afterwards despite a lot of rest.

Today, because Nate's so sick I wanted to wash the bedding since we only have one set and it was gross and needed done. EVERYTHING kept going wrong with the stupid washers and dryers, and I hand to struggle to wring out the pillows by hand and go up and down the stairs over and over. HUGE POTS flare, massive chest pain to the point of leaving me terrified. I wound up crashing for 7 miserable hours in bed barely able to move or think straight, trying to make the heart pain knock it off. Woke up to Nate having cooked the ham and some casserole, and tried to do mashed potatoes and gravy best he could.

So yes, things were okay in the end but I'm still pretty bummed that I couldn't take care of him and do the things I needed to do because my body broke down on me at the starting line. He says not to feel bad but. ..I'm gonna, dude. I dropped the fucking ball on yet another holiday. 8/ We escaped the family trap because my folks are dead and his are nowhere in range, and we don't talk much to extended family if at all. It.. prolly would have been explosively bad if we were anywhere in reach of them so I'm counting myself insanely lucky we're still far from them.

Biggest hugs to folks having to wade through anything regarding family, that makes things so damn tense at holidays, or just anyone who needs it.

• Like x 2
  5. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I UPSET A FRIEND AND NOW WE'RE FIGHTING ON CHRISTMAS DAY
    also my parents are mad at me
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh

• Like x 2
  6. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

It's pretty childish, but when dinner was over, I just wanted to be left alone to clean all the dishes-- it's my mess, I want to clean it all myself. Holiday dinners are a little overwhelming, and clearing up after helps me calm back down. But no, people kept trying to help, and walking back and forth through the kitchen a million times, and I just wanted them to fuck off even though I know they had great intentions and I'm just territorial over the weirdest shit.

• Like x 1
  7. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

My Christmas has been pretty rad overall but my sister can't not make a snotty asshole comment every five minutes which becomes really fucking wearying, and I run out of socialization steam LONG before everyone else, resulting in my oozing away to a corner where I get side-eyes from all and sundry for not engaging in 'delightful conversation'.

• Like x 1
  8. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

My Christmas is going okay family-wise at least so *hugs you all*

• Like x 3
  9. sicklyprince

sicklyprince giant androgynous glam monster

christmas is not going so hot. constant misgendering is hurting me, people stayed overnight and are still here and interaction is exhausting. made my mom cry. almost fell asleep at the wheel while driving my older sister back to her apartment to get something. was hoping my friend would be able to drag me out so i could hang out with her somewhere quieter, but she hasn't followed through.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    • Like x 2
  10. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

*also sends hugs*

My mild annoyances are p small potatoes but partner is sick w a fever and I can't go see them. :(

• Like x 1
  11. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I kept ditching out on my relatives because it was people overload. It was okay christmas eve, because christmas eve my cousin and I always hide upstairs and draw together, but normally I can at least stay downstairs for most of the christmas party and this year I just ditched and listened to music in the guest room most of the time.
    Also, my grunkle made some nasty comments about my lipstick, ending on the note of "It makes you look like Hitler." Which...wtf unc. That doesn't make any sense.

• Like x 2
  12. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

BEL YOU COME TO MY HOUSE FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER YOU ARE AWESOME. >:(

• Like x 1
  13. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I'd love to but unfortunately you are far away

Thank you though

• Like x 1
  14. emythos

• Like x 1
  15. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

(Reposting cause accidently to ivy's page SORRY I SUCK AT PAYING ATTENTION)

Lissiel Tfw you go to a ridiculous amount of effort making a menu everyone will eat, and buying groceries for a big fancy dinner, and just as you start cooking your husband comes in like "you're doing that entirely wrong"
    Today at 3:52 PMEditReport
    Comment

LissielLet me criticize every single thing you know what why don't i just do it you're fucking incompetent. You know. Now that youve done all the hard work, i can tell everyone how i had to cook christmas dinner and get all the praise and insult you to boot! :D

We got to postpone dinner while we went upstairs and had a big fight about his fears of being incompetent and my feelings of being disrespected because i was ready to just take the baby and go stay in a hotel tonight. Im literally the only one who's done anything for holiday stuff, like we don't even have lights up this year because i went "fuck u no thats YOUR JOB im not doing it" and it just...didn't get done. Even after we all talked about it And everything. So for him to waltz in at the last minute and fuck up all my plans and tell me how i don't know what Im doing was fucking infuriating.

(Also those are witnessing likes not like-likes)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    • Like x 2
  16. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

@Lissiel honestly I think you're very forgiving to have not gone to a hotel.

So my sister invited some random dude she's fucking over and neither me nor my youngest sister had spoons for it so we bailed. That same sister (who invited over random dude) is such a pain every holiday. Depression then has to kick my ass. I'm ready to not do this anymore.

• Like x 2
  17. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

ugh I just got sick :I just what my christmas needed. hopefully it's done now, but this is the kind of thing that sometimes comes in waves. >:F

• Like x 2
  18. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

@alchemicalheart because feelings are hard and stupid basically all the time?

• Like x 1
  19. emythos

• Like x 1
  20. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

my christmas was alright, but i'm annoyed by how, soon, for christmas vacation, i'll have to go to a ski resort in quebec - which is about seven hours away - with my family. particularly 'cause, even though there will be internet there, i expect it'll get at least a bit in the way of the weirdmageddon tango rp and all the other fun things i like to do on the internet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice