cosplanning

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by keltka, Nov 23, 2018.

1. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

BECAUSE IF I WANNA GET SHIT DONE I NEED TO PUBLICLY COMMIT
    PROBABLY
    I haven't tried this tactic on such a large scale before so I have NO idea how this is gonna go

NOTE: this is meant to be a tracking thread! I'd also be super stoked to get any advice/opinions/suggestions

OKAY SO. I'm trying to sort out what to make for my partner and I to do as our first couples cosplay! we have no clue, BUT there are a few basic things we've got:
    • we're 100% doing homestuck
    • we're 99% doing erifef (unless we get into something else REALLY major before we can do erifef)
    • I have a pattern for one of those swanky cloak things, I guarantee you've seen it on tumblr if you're on tumblr, as part of the "four ways to wear" photoset
    I'm also Not Too Bad at knitting, so an eridan scarf? not out of the question. my main thing is, I know we're not sssssuper feeling the basic canon outfits, so we're probably gonna have to decide between godtiers or kingdomstuck...or any other awesome options available to us
    I also kinda wanna knit some cool stuff to go with it?
    OH ONE MORE POSSIBLE OPTION: we'd cosplay something from one of our.....several dozen RPs, because of who we are as people

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

God Tier could be a lot of fun and probably comparatively easy to put together! The pattern for the Witch outfit is pretty simple--I made a Witch outfit myself for my Dog Tier Jade cosplay and it turned out pretty decently despite me being very new to sewing at the time. Not sure how complex the Prince outfit is, but it shouldn't be too hard either? Idk your sewing level, though.

EDIT: Also, have you ever made horns before? Because if not I have a pretty good method for making really nice lightweight horns out of oasis foam!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  3. keltka

I mean I once made a lightweight double-sided kimono but I haven't had much practice beyond costuming a bit in high school so I think it's do-able, but I'd probs need to refer to my family's help

re: horns I'm nnnnot sure I'm gonna make them we might commission someone for those

4. Kay5

Kay5 the most glorious spoon

If you want some pretty simple horns, there are patterns for paper ones where all you need to do is print them out then cut and paste the segments together (then paint them yourself if you're like me and only had access to a BW printer, but the paint covers up any little faults and looks more natural so it was absolutely worth it)

They do wind up a little bit blocky/polygonal where the segments fit together, but they're easy, cheap, and lightweight enough that they can be pinned straight to your hair/wig without needing to worry about a headband or similar

• Useful x 1
  5. keltka

thank you! I'll check with my partner, we might try to go for foam cores though...partner is p big on the aesthetic ngl, block might be iffy

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice