crazy AIs, glowy science holes, and a potato (Portal Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Deresto, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

• Like x 3
  2. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

there's an inside joke in my extended family that came about because we were playing portal 2 at like 1 am and mimicking glados' lines. i tried to say the line where she's like "how are you holding up? because i'm a potato" and because i was fucking exhausted i said "how are you holding up? because i am a paytotay"

...............they're never going to let me live it down.

• Like x 7
  3. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I played the game on a friend's steam acc, because i still dont have it myself (...waiting for the next sale tbh), and...
    there's this passage where you have to portal over a slightly larger gap thing, and there's a radio on one side you want to get to the other side and... my friend (who hadnt had that radio yet) and i spent some time trying to vault over with it and we kinda didnt manage it
    until i just portaled both sides of the gap and carried it over.
    because why easy if you can do it the complicated way xxD

• Like x 3
  4. blue

blue hightown funk you up

god damn do i love portal

• Like x 2
  5. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

*camps* i still have a good portion of GLaDOS's monologue at the end of Portal 1 memorized. fuck i love these games. love love love.

• Like x 1
  6. blue

I used to be able to do her whole first monologue from Portal 2! Don't think I can anymore without a refresher, though. ):

• Like x 1
  7. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

i just love these games.

one of my fic ideas that never panned out was a role reversal thing i was working on with my friend dave.
    or: chell's revenge, hahahahaha

• Like x 2
  8. blue

9. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

based on a fic i read ages ago where chell gets put into the mainframe instead of wheatley and slowly goes crazy. don't remember how it ended.

• Like x 2
  10. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Did anyone else figure out the secret with the radios in portal one that showed how its connected to portal 2?

11. blue

@peripheral oh shit i remember that fic! Or at least something with a similar premise - she was speaking, but with a stutter, right? And Wheatley and GLaDOS ended up going into the creepy Aperture basement and there was a creepily smiley(?) core who was a villain.. somehow? Maybe?

• Like x 2
  12. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

because i forgot earlier, you have to use an sstv decoder to get it.

13. blue

• Like x 1
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Purrtal! -hands out companion cubes-

ETA: Did anyone else just...not bond with the companion cube? idk I was more attached to a cube I got by making the rocket turret shoot out a tube and carried with me for ages later on.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    • Like x 2
  15. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

In slightly more intelligent comentary, anyone else had a crush on Glados?

Also @TwoBrokenMirrors come over here.

• Like x 2
  16. blue

She was, in fact, one of my earlier fictional crushes. God I love GLaDOS and her blend of genuine menace and incredibly transparent passive-aggression. <33

• Like x 2
  17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Glados <3< Chell

• Like x 1
  18. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

i have such a weird emotional feeling about GLaDOS. and Caroline.

(seriously considering naming a daughter Caroline.)

• Like x 4
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i never really cared for companion cube at first, i wasn't really understanding glados was trying to build up into some tragic guilt trip until i'd already smoked the box with no hesitation.

i love old aperture in the second game. did anyone else run when the tunnel with the giant door started blaring alarms? i don't know why i did that first time, i just remember being terrified.

my favorite monologue is when wheatly is telling the story about the robot caretaker chopping up his robot staff which degrades into how horrible humans are.

• Like x 1
  20. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

@littlemissCodeless
    I am summoned
    Portal was my first 'fandom' in that I interacted properly with people on tumblr about it and created content! In that I had a couple of anthropomorphised Wheatley designs, mostly.
    Even though technically I've never actually played the games myself at all, just watched other people play them
    I also took all of the characters and made them Romans once. Roman!Wheatley is called Decimus and he's the character I love to kick until he's sobbing on the floor.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice