Critical Role! D&D With Nerdy-Ass Voice Actors

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, May 8, 2016.

1. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

I'm low on spoons but it's about time I made this thread.
    Critical Role, hosted by Geek & Sundry, is a webseries following the ongoing dungeons and dragons campaign of a group of voice actors, DM'd by Matthew Mercer. The series starts a couple of years into their game, but it's easy to pick up the threads of what happened.
    It's amazing, everyone should watch it, here's a link to the first video, there's some minor audio issues but after that it's all smooth sailing.

• Like x 1
  2. lupadracolis

lupadracolis [This space is intentionally left blank]

Well, you know I'm always up for talking about Critical Role! :D

• Like x 1
  3. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

ok I'm on ep 14 and starting to love this show

no idea how I'm ever going to catch up on the archive, but I'll probably binge it at some point on my next vacation

• Like x 2
  4. AbsenteeLandlady123

There's something like 9 actual days worth of video at this point I believe, and I really want to do a rewatch at some point
    It all flies so quickly once you're caught up though. I look back at one of my fave arcs like wHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT WAS EPISODE 25 THAT STARTED WHAT THE HECK

5. The Frood Abides

some disorganized reactions before I go to bed:

I fuckin love the twins and I love their players' I'M V-X, THAT'S V-X shirts

can't wait till we get to more of Percy's backstory

Someone in the Youtube comments says Orion gets kicked off later? Tiberius is an arrogant prick but I was hoping that was a strictly IC trait. :/

• Like x 3
  6. AbsenteeLandlady123

Orion does leave, yeah. I believe he and Matt tried to work out some issues re: him metagaming and basically stealing the spotlight, but it didn't work out. Orion does his own Tiberius podcast now.

The twins only get better I fucking swear.

• Like x 2
  7. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I'm somewhere in episode 15. Idk if I'll ever be caught up but im having fun. The twins and Scanlan are my favorites so far

currently Matt is insisting that Kima and Elura are close friends and I'm just like, that is not close lady friends that is secret lesbians.

Also pls tell me Vax is canon bi bc no matter what he's bi to me

• Like x 3
  8. Nochi

Nochi small waterfall of pure void

I've been doing reaction/live-blog posts over on my tumblr - it's 90% capslocked quotes but there are some actual comments somewhere in there.

I just watched his last episode, and while I knew he was gonna leave, now I can definitely see WHY. Pulling the whole "I can summon the Draconian Army because reasons!" out of his butt seemed to cheese everybody off. Matt shot him down on it later, but it was still a butthead move.

• Like x 2
  9. AbsenteeLandlady123

@Mala I have good news for you friend: Both Vax and Vex are canon bi :D

• Like x 3
  10. The Frood Abides

So Vax'ilmore is canon, right?

11. AbsenteeLandlady123

I can't tell if you're seriously asking or not

12. The Frood Abides

@KathyGaele Mildly facetious. Significant Handholding and the rest of the party egging him on (with Eagle's Splendor to boot!) makes it pretty clear.

13. AbsenteeLandlady123

See, that's what I thought back then too

14. The Frood Abides

Are you telling me that Vax just acts like this with every shopkeeper to get discounts? Or are you telling me it gets even gayer?

15. AbsenteeLandlady123

It's amazing and complicated and I don't want to spoil. Hell of a ride

• Like x 1
  16. Nochi

and am crying bc I know it's gonna get better but it's also gonna get so mUCH WORSE

also these dumb nerds and their dumb costumes and their inability to roleplay while costumed (and liam's complete inability to keep it together when faced with sam's mustache)

• Like x 2
  17. lupadracolis

lupadracolis [This space is intentionally left blank]

@Nochi
    Wait until episode 73 which is this year's Halloween one because oh my god.

18. Nochi

I've seen pictures! These dumb nerds are my fave dumb nerds. And Laura is really pretty oh my gosh

• Like x 1
  19. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

I'm half an hour into the first episode of this and it is delightful!!! Such voices!

• Like x 3
  20. The Frood Abides

I love how the only thing anyone cares about on the Belt of Dwarvenkind is getting to grow a beard

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice