Cybertronian Aerial Academy (OOC + planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by mizushimo, Aug 12, 2016.

1. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

The life and times of students and faculty of the Aerial Academy in prewar, functionalist cybertron.

WHERE: either in iacon (the capital or VOS). I thought Vos was the seeker citystate, i have seen it depicated in fanfiction that way, but oddly I can't find any of that on the wiki? The academy itself has almost no canon, so the sky is the limit (HAHA PUN).

WHO: a mix of canon and oc characters.
    Anyone is up for grabs.

FUN STUFF: teen/young adult drama mixed up with the weird politics of funtionalism, young seekers being pressured to sort themselves into Trines, kids meeting in secret to cultivate talents and interests forbidden to their caste, military and intellectual caste teachers rubbing elbows with each other, leading to teaching styles that vary from prep school to boot camp. Trying to figure out if it's ok for a helicoptor to date a fighter jet, the high fliers fighting tooth and claw over coveted mentorships while everyone else tries to stay out of it.

Feel free to brainstorm! That's all I've go so far.

• Like x 5
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I'm poking this thread in case anyone is still interested. You could make a pretty good case for Vos since Starscream was its ruler in G1 (tho obviously this is more IDW) and since that pulls it away from the cultural center of Iacon. Isolation yay!

I will pop in with more ideas in a bit maybe?

• Like x 1
  3. mizushimo

I like the idea that it's at Vos too, we could still have baby screamer in the RP if it took place before he clawed his way into power.

My brain might be playing tricks on me, but wasn't Vos fleshed out a little in one of the comics? Like it was a city of flyers, the buildings were extremely tall and no one walked anywhere.

4. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

You might be right! I'll go diving on TFwiki, and then branch out a little-- I've run across occasions where the wiki has actually failed me, and I feel like that's something I've seen before too.

(FTR, I will probably be playing mostly OCs, because as horribly fond of Starscream as I am, he would be hell to play. So I will make my horrible son Sunyodel, who will totally not be an inverted color scheme Starscream, no sir. :P)

• Like x 1
  5. mizushimo

It COULD have been megatron origins?? I know it's in a fanfic I read recently, but I've got vague memories of comic pages.. Starscream definitely doesn't need to be in the rp, but I know he's the kind of character that some people like to play. 'Sonyodel' sounds perfect, and it's ok because all the seekers look the same :).

6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

-quietly steals Starscream-

• Like x 2
  7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

*whispers* Reffy is from Vos.

• Like x 1
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

@mizushimo You were asking me what I meant by Starscream being trinebait and I´ve finally found a succinct way to say it.
    Trinebait is someone who very obviously needs and/or is looking for people to belong with.

Also kick me so I´ll write up my Starscream characterization

• Like x 2
  9. IvyLB

gently nudges u with foot

• Like x 1
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

The matriculation ceremony should involve capes, so that the wee fliers can variously swish around in them, resent them, and get tangled up in them.

• Like x 2
  11. IvyLB

• Like x 1
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

How old are we saying the fliers come to the academy? Are wel talking pretty much just out of the ground and figured out which way their wings go on their altmode or?

• Like x 1
  13. IvyLB

I'd say that's likely. Aerial Academy is pretty much like. elementary school for birds fliers, so they'd pretty much basically be sent there immediately to enroll the second they figured out which way is up. So. Babies. Young inexperienced baby jets.

• Like x 2
  14. Ryncoon

Ryncoon Well-Known Member

*Very nervously pokes head in* Hello I have a jet and an itch to play her. If this isn't closed?

• Like x 2
  15. mizushimo

Wooton, rp spoons returned!

I'm kicking you! Kick! Kick! When we get a little further along, let's get on Skype or discord and start tossing around story ideas in real time.

I...kind of want to play skywarp? But we can talk about it.

Yes! But only half caps for the baby flyers. They must earn the full cape through merit. Probably why starscream is a bit obsessed with the accessory later in life. The capes are super shiny and flutter in the breeze.

Aaaaaah! That song is so good! It's perfect.

I propose this song for the anime opening

How about they have had a little bit of basic training, just enough that some of the bigwigs can single out some natural talents to be funneled into of officer training. Or they could just come in as a big batch, and then get sorted out as time goes on. Hmm, should the kids of passed their adult test yet? That usually happens fairly quickly.

I just realized that all our kids will probably have the same surname, since they will all be from the same Hotspot. What should we name it?

That said, we can probably still have students in different 'years' if some sparks take longer to mature the others, or it could be that they can only grow so many new babies at once, and the rest get stored for a time.

Hello! We are just getting this to off the ground (hah) so you are more then welcome to join. Please tell us about your jet!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    • Like x 1
  16. mizushimo

Ideas so far:

Topspin (pretend there'should not an actual transformer called Topspin, I can't call him anything else at this point). His altmode is a surveilance drone, somewhere just above the disposable class in the grand cybertronian taxonomy. He onlined with four other bots who look exacty like him but with different highlight colors. He and his fellows are destined to ally themselves with a carrier plane and be good little subordinates for the rest of their days, but he's not too sure if that's what he really wants.

Personality-wise, he's pretty emotional, his personality isn't going to be that concrete at the beginning. I can see him either getting really upbeat or fighty, depending on how things go. He really wants to break records, particularly speed records. He loves flying with all his spark.

One thing is for sure, he doesn't want to be part of a matching set forever. He doesn't need those guys! He'll do just fine on his own!

Weird - he tends to get obsessed easily, he'll stalk people that he admires or track people down to continue arguments at odd times of the day.

• Like x 2
  17. IvyLB

Well if I do play Refractor as a youngling here (which seems exceedingly likely), he is established as being from Vos so.
    However he could be an exchange student so :P
    He is a tripleformer! Primary altmode is a radar evasion recon jet, his secondary altmode is a locust. As a smol he will... still display way more animalistic behavioral quirks than he does after the war. He will also still have a functioning voice box so talking (and chirping and buzzing and clicking) are much easier for him.
    He is a bit on the naive side, very sweet and trusting, but has a lot of troubles with socializing "normally" and he actually kind of hates surveillance and recon stuff and would rather be an engineer~

• Like x 3
  18. Ryncoon

Ryncoon Well-Known Member

Okay! She's been relentlessly characterizing herself in my head, so this is a thing I can do.

Warplight (Warp Light)- A sleek speedy little stealth jet, able to play attack roles as well as recon, but a bit of a glass cannon if anyone can manage to actually hit her. An absolute shitdisturber, she tends to provoke a situation until it's far over her capability to handle, and then race off to dodge the fallout. Not a bad strategy in a fight, especially if her hightailing leads her opponents into an ambush... not so good when it's with other mech who know where she recharges.
    On the flipside she's very 'family' oriented- trine, flock, squad, close cluster of friends, whatever she's latched onto as 'hers', they get the fiercely affectionate and protective side of her spark. It's a quick 180 from her being a snarky, fighty little pest to being a snarky, snuggly little pest. It also leads to more bad decision making when she decides she needs to protect them- even if both bots involved happen to be heavyweights.

I'm looking forward to getting to play such a blustery little ball of trouble. Military life is gonna hit her HARD.

• Like x 5
  19. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

...I kind of want to have a super self indulgent teacher character who is just Transformers!Nanoha Takamachi, since it's canon she becomes a top-notch aerial instructor.

• Like x 4
  20. IvyLB

... If Warplight is a femme waht continuity do we play?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice