D&D/Roll20?

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by wes scripserat, Mar 11, 2015.

1. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

it'd be interesting to do a DnD thing.
    Might try out being a gm, only I haven't before?
    I have a module idea and everything...

2. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

3. wes scripserat

yeah...

4. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Haven't DMed at all, but I've played a good bit, and poked around on Roll20 some. Might could set something up at some point.

• Like x 2
  5. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I've played wods on roll20, it's pretty good for that but I can't attest to the map features.

• Like x 1
  6. wes scripserat

never have done roll20, but sounds interesting.

7. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Oh man, I am in the exact same boat as you, dude. I'd join up with any group that'd take me, haha.

• Like x 1
  8. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

I'd be in for this! I DM'd a Pathfinder group, before it fell apart as people moved/developed Life & Work Issues.

• Like x 1
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I've been in a Roll20 group and found the interface a bit difficult, but with some clear potential for if/when I got it down. I'm not up for DMing (my one GMing experience was a challenge for me, and I think I need to be more familiar with the rules and the resources before I can do so comfortably) but if a group starts I would like to join in.

10. Aviari

Not going to lie, I saw even vague interest in D&D/etc up here and a small, wistful little brain gremlin went "You could finally finish your homebrew campain~~~"

11. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Dude, do it. I'm getting mine off the ground now.

12. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

We have been doing D&D on roll20 for a while. It's pretty decent, but holy fuck do I wish they had better logging. Like, timestamps and reasonably complete logs and better management of whispers between players/gm/etc.

But for basic stuff, it's pretty good!

13. Carcosa

Carcosa Member

I'm curious- are people only interested in D&D specifically, or is it just a generalized interest in tabletop rpgs?

Because I've got a game running itch, but... I don't really do actual D&D, primarily because Wizard of the Coast doesn't release the majority of their products as PDFs anymore, and... I don't have an interest in collecting physical books that take up space. :\

14. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

I just started playing DnD IRL a couple months ago. It's pretty fun but I'm not sure I like being the only woman in the group. I might be interested but I would have to have my hand held because I'm so new.

15. Aviari

I ran a 6 player IRL Pathfinder campaign for about 6mos. (I bought ALL the books. And pretty dice. And game pieces. And hand-drew my maps. All for naught.) I'd start it up again on D20 or here in a heartbeat if there was interest.

(High Fantasy Brink-of-Civil-War WhoDunIt. Encounters are Skyrim Style: I don't care what you do, here's a main questline, go explore!)

16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

As in, Pathfinder, or as in other games entirely? We can make other games work. There are PDFs in the wind.

17. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

I'd like to do a Kintsugi DnD if that happened! I've played Pathfinder IRL, but never online. I've never DM'd, but I'm not sure I'd be good at it XD Too much organisation needed.

18. Carcosa

Carcosa Member

Sticking with the High Fantasy theme, I'd be more interested in running some fast and loose Dungeon World.

I do have a good amount of Pathfinder stuff though, so if that's really what people want to play, I'd be willing to give running it a try.

In a perfect world where I can run anything I want, I'd probably try to run an investigative game in Mutant City Blues (Cops/Detectives with Superpowers solving crimes; Haven't run it yet, but I really want to try out the Gumshoe System a lot!), Apocalypse World (Post Apocalyptic game with Psychics, though the setting tends to focus around the players) , or something in Legend of the Five Rings 4th Ed (High Fantasy Not!Japan with Samurai, Courtiers, and Magic Using "priests/priestesses"; Nebulous as to what kind of game that'd be, since I'm almost always up for Legend of the Five Rings because I love the setting.)

Edit, as I don't feel like double posting:
    I'm not sure if this is because I'm a subscribed member or not, but there is an option for timestamps in the chat in the chat options (Gear icon).

Not disagreeing on the logs or whisper management, though.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    • Like x 1
  19. Aviari

All of the Pathfinder books have been transcribed into an app, as well as character sheets for both Android and iPhone. They even have programmed dice rollers. I got two of my group set up completely digitally since they're out of state. Hooray Skype.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice