DATE! THAT! MONSTER!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Lizardlicks, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I can't believe I have been unable to find any kind of Monster Prom/Camp thread. Well, since our second installment of the series, Monster Camp, just came out last week, I'm gong to make a THREAD because I need more people to talk with it about.

If you don't know what Monster Prom or Monster Camp is, here's the nittiest grittiest run down I can manage:
    Monster Prom was the first game in what is a now series of dating sim visual novels by indie developer studio Beautiful Glitch where you can pick one of four main playable characters and try to romance one of the eligible sweeties until they'll agree to a prom night date. The games feature hilarious, raunchy, and surprisingly heart-string yanking writing, and a ton of your favorite internet voice talents including Jack Scepticeye, Aaron Hanson, ProZD, Octopimp and many more.

There's 6 main monster's to first choose from, with two more added in the DLC, but thanks to unlockable secret endings you can actually get a date with pretty much any character that has a sprite. Except Coach I think? There's also event ending that don't involve dates at all! It's also *drum-roll* able to be played as a multiplayer party game! You and up to 3 friends can all pick one of the main characters and either compete for one love or help your fellow players out. It gets super fun and wild, and I guarantee that many of the routes will have you cry-laughing.

Out now is the first sequel Monster Camp which focuses around two of the characters from the original game plus some of the secret ending characters and on brand new main option. There's other planned sequels to follow each focusing on another set of two original date options from the first game, and also one planned where you can play one of those original dateable monsters and instead try to romance the the MCs you originally played as. EXCITING!

Monster Prom and its first sequel are out now on steam. Camp is less than a week old and they could use reviews to boost their visibility. It can get VERY NSFW, so maybe don't play it with your grandma (unless she's one of those cool grandmas). ANYWAY I'm desperate for content so PLEASE TALK TO ME ABOUT DATING MONSTERS.

• Like x 3
  2. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

yessssss i love Monster Prom!! my friend just picked up Monster Camp yesterday and we're gonna play tonight i think! (we always do voices, you gotta.) i'm so stoked you get to date the slayer, gonna try and go for her first i think.

i love how many dialogue trees and secret endings there are in this game. something like over a hundred possible combinations i think? really gives the game a lot of replayability-- you're never going to get the exact same game, especially if you've got multiple people playing. my fave secret ending i've unlocked so far in Monster Prom is the Damien hatemance. thank u for catering to us homestucks, BG

3. Lizardlicks

First play through Monster Camp spouse and I did a hot seat. He was Oz and went after Aaravi (the slayer) which was perfect because she's exactly his type lmao. As per usual, I picked Brian and went for Damien. We BOTH got a secret ending the first try though!

Second time I just did a single player as Oz and went for Milo. It's ridiculously cute I think, and now I ship it hard. Which is a shame because most of the fandom jumped on Oz/Damien through the first game and now both my ships will go ignored *Le Siiign*

4. Lizardlicks

I really want to get the Prank Masterz ending but I have no idea how to unlock the tome in the shop.... is it just not possible? I heard rumor that the totem replaced it.

5. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

i keep sorta wanting to try for achievements and hitting everything but it's really hard. i haven't gotten/tried Camp yet.

6. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Oh, I didn't realize a sequel game was out! I'd been independently thinking of going back to monster prom sometime soon and trying to prod at the special endings a little more, but now that I know there's a whole new game out, I might just have to give that a look instead XD

(my favorite ending is still from my literal first playthrough, where I had absolutely no idea what I was doing but somehow managed to unlock the furry ending)

• Winner x 1
  7. Lizardlicks

They have SO MANY games planed. Monster Camp has Damien, Calculestor, Joy from the coven (not Faith or Hope though) Aaravi (the Slayer, plus her new "roommate", a living curse named Hex) Dahlia, and new person a reaper named Milo. Next Game is Monster Retreat which focuses on Vera and Miranda, Monster Roadtrip which is Polly and Scott centric, an as of yet un-named game for Liam and Zoe, and then the very anticipated Monster Prom Reverse where you date the MCs form the first games (Oz/Yellow, Brian/Green, Vicky/Blue, or Amira/Red). I am PUMPED!! also really looking forward to the crew pushing out some updates. I'll admit Camp feels a liiiiittle bare bones rn but what is in there is delightful as always and you'll have plenty to work through until the next update.

• Winner x 1
  8. Lizardlicks

AAAAW! According to this tweet, today (Halloween) is Liam's official birthday! LMAO I bet he hates that. So cliché!

9. Lizardlicks

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Trying to romance Dahlia with Amira. Find her and Damien sitting at the same log around the campfire. They are arguing. About which one of them is Scotts BFF. CLEARLY the correct answer is, "It would make Scott sad if he knew you were fighting over him so stop it" but because this the same as the lunch room I have to pick between them and GOD DAMN IT Damien is MY BOY, but I'm trying to romance Dahlia this go around!!!

10. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I keep wanting to play with friends, bc What Is The Point if not slapping people's little goblin hands in the caf, but time zones......... schedule mismatch.................
    sadly pokes solo oz/liam run for the 63248463th time

• Witnessed x 1
  11. Lizardlicks

I am very down for online runs through Monster Prom OR camp if anyone is ever game.

12. garden

garden lucid dreamer

played Monster Camp for the first time with a friend last week (i think? time is fake). she scored with Milo (who is super cute) and i managed to get a cool special ending with Dahlia where we
    slayed the anthropomorphized seasons and Dahlia became the Queen of Summer.

would definitely recommend!

• Winner x 3
  13. Lizardlicks

I posted a new chapter on my Brian focused Monster Prom fic, making it the first official fic update of the new year for me.

• Winner x 2
  14. Lizardlicks

So Monster Camp got an update and you can make the mcs date!

There's that and also

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Get better lawyers, IP.

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice