[deleted]

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by MagicalBoy, Dec 30, 2015.

1. [deleted]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    • Like x 2
  2. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

good luck getting to the hospital *hugs if wanted*

3. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

That's a really brave decision. Best of luck at the hospital!

• Like x 1
  4. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Echoing @ZeroEsper. Very brave decision. Kudos for making it. And many, many hugs. :)

5. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

a) awesome
    b) awesome again for making that call in general. that is really scary and brave
    c) good luck!

6. ZeroEsper

I really don't think they'll keep you that long, if only because (and I know this may not inspire confidence, but I think this is a big thing) they're stretched too thin in terms of money and staff. I'm pretty sure the minute they think you're okay you'll be released.

7. ZeroEsper

And I think they'd be understanding. So long as they think you won't hurt yourself or anyone else they'll release you. If you seem willing to take medication and possibly attend therapy, I think they'll be willing to allow you to check out. I know for an actual suicide attempt they often keep someone for five days, but you didn't attempt suicide, you're pro actively seeking help, and I definitely see a difference in those two scenarios.

8. ZeroEsper

You're a really brave person. One of the hardest things in the world to do is to acknowledge when you need help. I think it's amazing that you're able to do that!

• Like x 4
  9. budgie

If you think about it, one of the things you're responsible for is your own body and life. Taking yourself to the hospital because you're feeling that suicidal demonstrates responsibility and care for yourself.

• Like x 3
  10. ZeroEsper

I think so long as she's reasonably certain you'll go, she won't force it. Just make it perfectly clear that 'yes, I actually am going, I just need to do a few things first, I have someone waiting to take me, I've braced myself, etc.'

11. ZeroEsper

I'm glad you got that worked out!

12. ZeroEsper

In my experience the first week is usually just kind of easing in to everything, so I think catching up won't be too bad.

13. budgie

enh, i know a lot of people who cut the first week of classes intentionally. it's not great, but it's not the end of the world. plus if you can contact school ahead of time, you can get notes from teachers/classmates and stay abreast of the class, rather than playing catch-up later (or even follow along if there's a syllabus posted online, since i'm not sure how your school does it).

14. ZeroEsper

I'm really sorry. Hugs if they're wanted!

15. budgie

i'm really sorry to hear that, dude

16. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

fucking hell. That sounds so awful. D:}
    Witnessing, and I hope that the note works and you never have to do that again.
    hugs if want

• Like x 1
  17. Lib

Lib Well-Known Member

Ugh, that sounds awful. So many sympathies.

18. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

god fucking dammit i hope you'll be good
    *hugs offered*

19. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice