Delving into the RP subforum

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by BlackholeKG, Jun 7, 2016.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I'm in WT and I'm frequently whelmed by it. WhelmTime. It's partly complicated because the clashing together of multiple canons and the quadrant fun of many characters going <> and <3 at each other, partly because there's a cool and complicated worldbuild for the primary setting.

• Like x 3
  2. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I don't struggle with it because my head's just made for this shit. Encyclopedic knowledge of fictional world's is my THING.

• Like x 5
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I can do that with a smaller canon like Undertale, where I can poke and prod and interrogate the game at my leisure until I have things memorized... but here I struggle since we don't have an enormous wiki out where I can reference things. I keep saying I need to make one so I have it, but effort.

Anyway, relevant to the thread's topic... Yeah, SPR2 is meant for people to be able to roleplay without committing to anything, including setting or character history or even strict characterization. The option to just shitpost is there, as is the option to experiment with possibilities that'll go further.

I know people have tried to make a few other easy-join games, but so far I think they've all stagnated. The games that seem to have the most staying power are the ones with the big worldbuilding and history and stuff... Unfortunately, harder for new people to get into.

What might make a game easy to join? I see "summary description of the game thus far" as a likely thing.

• Like x 2
  4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

You know, I really should set up a WT wiki

• Like x 3
  5. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

That might be nice because I do want to try and get involved in it but I have no idea where to start save hiding in the shitrave.

6. blue

blue hightown funk you up

We could try to resurrect the Bar? We sort of got stuck at the beginning of a card game, but theoretically I would really like it to be a setting that's available.

• Like x 5
  7. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

dude i forgot about the bar! theoretically i'm playing the bouncer. but i just figured someone would @ me if bouncing was needed, and then it all slipped my mind.

• Like x 3
  8. blue

I kinda want to say we should lean on the weirdness of the setting and say they got briefly tangled in some kind of time anomaly, lol.

• Like x 7
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I would enjoy resurrecting!

• Like x 1
  10. blue

People seem to be into the anomaly thing, if likes are a way to judge - if y'all want I could write a weird thing from Berit's perspective, with room for other characters to have appeared or disappeared suddenly or experienced it subjectively as whatever? But I'm not ~in charge of the mysterious shit the Bar does, so -

.. hmm, this should probably be in its planning thread, lol. I shall relocate there

• Like x 2
  11. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Not Kintsugi but I do this with my game to some extent, both the canon I RP from (who wants worldbuilding? I've got your worldbuilding) and the setting we're playing IN.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice