Demographics

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by The Frood Abides, Sep 21, 2015.

1. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I was going to say "No" for ADHD but then I decided to take a test for adult women to try and self-diagnose ADHD and well...

addwhoops.png

Oop.

• Like x 5
  2. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@liminal i took the same test, and i've kind of been wondering about that ever since i found out about 'inattentive-type' add/adhd. hm.

• Like x 1
  3. smyxolotl

smyxolotl a person.

yes this

You could call this a pilot study and then make everyone retake it when all relevant questions/options have been added! Because SCIENCE :D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    • Like x 9
  4. Greywing

Greywing Resident dead bird

Indeed. I'm in strong support of further sciencing the population here.

• Like x 7
  5. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

Something that I'm curious about here is polyamory status. It seems like we have a lot of poly people here, but then again, more than two people mentioning that pings as "a lot." If you're looking for things to add to the survey, maybe that one?

• Like x 5
  6. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Would you want to know who's in a polyamorous relationship, or who's in/interested in/oriented towards/prefers one?

(and yeah, it's looking like I'm gonna redo the whole thing, with also the all-important Homestuck question which I can't believe I forgot)

• Like x 4
  7. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Chiomi i hope "lapsed homestuck" will be one of the options

• Like x 4
  8. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

... Like an idiot I just filled out the original survey before reading that you're going to remake it >.<

9. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

So, here's the options I'm thinking for poly question:
    -I only do relationships where polyamory is on the table
    -I like the idea of poly stuff but it is not strictly necessary
    -I am open to the idea of a poly relationship in theory
    -No, polyamory does not work for me and I do not want it.
    -Relationships are for other people. No opinion.

Sorry, phrasing might be weird. I'm sick today and language is not really coming naturally. Is there anything missing from that list that other people would want?

• Like x 7
  10. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

@liminal I require a link to that test. For Science. Please? =D

Ooo this is interesting! Hmm. I can't think of anything else to add. I like that you can choose multiple options for the autism question, can we maybe do that for ADHD as well?
    (Basically my 'yes - undiagnosed' answers require a 'not sure' answer as well because brain.)

11. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

same

12. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Is there any way to see the specific "other" responses people give?

• Like x 1
  13. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I just took the same quiz and got the same results. Twinsies?

14. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

I can add a 'not sure,' yeah.

And all of the 'other' responses are listed in the spreadsheet. Idk how to make them be on the main thing.

15. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

A "not sure" option?

• Like x 1
  16. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

here you go!

I took another more in depth quiz that said I have the inattentive symptoms, but not the hyperactivity symptoms, so an ADHD diagnosis would not be appropriate. I am only skeptical of the diagnosis itself because I have a couple other disorders that would cause ADHD symptoms (so basically a false positive on these diagnostic tests)

• Like x 1
  17. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

Well, ADHD-PI (ADD) is a thing

• Like x 1
  18. Mercury

Mercury 17 Quicksilver Scribe Tramples The Unrepentant

Yep. It seems the school of thought now is that it's all under the ADHD umbrella, with various subtypes. Inattentive type is very much a distinct subset.

19. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

Yeah. It makes sense to combine the disorders, but I really wish they'd done it the other way around. A symptom of ADHD-PI is actually a lack of energy, so it seems very silly to include it in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    • Like x 2
  20. Mercury

Mercury 17 Quicksilver Scribe Tramples The Unrepentant

Seriously. My ADHD diagnosis is very appropriate, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've been hyperactive in my entire life, and I'm not exactly young.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice