Depression possibly?

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by sleeny, Jan 10, 2017.

1. sleeny

sleeny New Member

So I am nearly 24 years old and my life is just so pointless.

A few months ago I graduated college. I've been looking for work since and had no success. It takes me ages to write an application letter because I'm so scared that I'm doing it wrong. In college whenever I had to do a project I would also procastrinate because I was scared I would do it wrong. I'm afraid I will never be able to hold down a job because of this.

I cry whenever I think of my issues, I have only two friends and barely see them, and I don't even spend much time on hobbies.

Any advice? I' m in therapy and on medication but I just feel even if I make progress my life is just going to stay pointless.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Witnessed. Totally with you on the procrastination issue. If I don't have a good idea of the specific expectations for a task, it feels like I'm trying to walk a tightrope I'm not sure I can see, and nobody will tell me where it is. Not much fun.

Hopelessness seems very common with depression. I know someone who sorta-jokes that she knows she needs to raise her antidepressant when she becomes convinced that that couldn't possibly help, because nothing could help and everything is useless. I think that feeling is probably just an incredibly unpleasant symptom.

3. kino

kino Active Member

my advice would be to talk to your psychiatrist openly about how you feel and have a discussion with them regarding whether or not you think your medication is doing you any good. TO ME, and I am no doctor, but it definitely sounds like there's something else going on there aside from depression. It sounds like generalized anxiety disorder, to me, or AVPD. There are different types of therapies for different types of conditions, and if you aren't treating the problem, the problem is likely to get worse.

regardless, I hope you get the help you need.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice