Deresto's Thought Dump (Blowing Bubbles At My Problems)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Deresto, Dec 26, 2018.

?

What's your favorite music genre?

1. Polka

22.2%
  2. Polka

22.2%
  3. Polka

11.1%
  4. Polka

11.1%
  5. Polka

11.1%
  6. Rap

55.6%
  7. Polka

33.3%
  8. Polka

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

It's weird and interesting to me that, when typing, "ok" and "okay" have totally different feelings to them. This is not to even mention the ubiquitous "k"

• Agree x 2
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

God Futurama is good. I've recently been rewatching random favorite episodes, and it's just so genuinely funny? They are so good at taking old, shallow jokes and making them hit like deep ones because they actually care about the outcome.

Also that head on, no hesitation attitude when it comes to deep character arcs! They don't feel forced or tacky and a lot of them are just heart wrenchingly good.

To this day I still cry about Jurassic bark. It's so painful and I love it

• Agree x 2
  3. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Futurama is a genuine masterpiece tbh. It made me want to go into animation!

• Winner x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I tried a pizza from Schlotzkys (a deli type restaurant that specializes in sandwiches) today and it was Heavenly. I tend to avoid pizza, but I decided to try it and it was way better than it had any right to be! Lots of veggies and big chunks of tomato on a pesto sauce with parmesan cheese; and the crust itself was a showstopper. Lightly chewy, bouncy, and aromatic as hell while not overly greasy or thick (looking at you, fast food pizza places -_-)

• Winner x 1
  5. Acey

That sounds so tasty!! What veggies?

6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Bell peppers, onions, olives, and mushrooms! They didn't skimp either, it was a tall pizza

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  7. Acey

That sounds SO GOOD. I'm jelly!!

• Like x 1
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I can already tell in gonna do a cry today! A very happy cry

Will be posting a few wedding pics later! :DDD

• Winner x 2
  9. Acey

HELL YEAH, I'm so happy for you and your bro!!!

10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I did a Big Cry, it was so beautiful. Here's promised pics! None from the actual ceremony, I was recording the whole time.
    Got the cake sharing thing, some adorable photos of each of them, and the cake itself before it started melting (note to self, if your wedding cake maker says it'll be fine if it's not in a freezer before pick up for an hour drive is either delusional or inexperienced)

IMG_20200718_170322.jpg

IMG_20200718_194837.jpg

IMG_20200718_205833.jpg

IMG_20200718_192824.jpg

I'm so happy!!!

• Winner x 1
  11. Acey

That looks like such a gorgeous ceremony!! (And I saw your wedding outfit in the selfies thread too, loving it so much!! That HAT <3)

• Like x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Thanks! I freakin love that hat

Yeah, it was a sunset wedding out on the bride's grandparents' country property! There were beautiful fairy lights strung through the trees to give the illusion of a lit canopy, and I was very happy with the seating rules of "pick a seat, not a side, everyone welcome" because honestly my brothers side would've had... Like 5 people, maybe.

They also added a foot washing segment to the ceremony, based on the meaning in the Bible of humble servitude because it was the absolute lowliest thing done in a household by a slave; as a symbol to humble themselves to each other and always keep love and communication above any malicious self serving attitude with each other

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Winner x 2
  13. Acey

I'm legit tearing up a lil, that's so beautiful!! Love is real!! <3

• Agree x 1
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Unhealthy but delicious life hack: get an extra tall coffee cup, add one small scoop of vanilla ice cream, then pour hot black coffee of your choice over the ice cream and stir. Not only does it taste like a rich cup o' latte from Starbucks, it also cools your coffee to perfect immediate drinking temperature

• Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

So, this may be out of character for this thread but I'm annoyed and it's not serious enough for my screm thread:

So I work on and off at an Italian ice stand at work (it's rotational) and we have a set amount to put in our bowls. Today, I found we were out of bowls and had to improvise, nbd, with the smallest sized coffee cups the resort restaurant could give us.

I was a bit peeved, I don't like change, but it wasn't a big deal. What made me so pissed and guilty was selling these:

IMG_20200727_171329.jpg

That dark bit? Lemon syrup. About half a centimeter off the bottom. Your looking at three, maybe four, bites of Italian ice. For five fuckening dollars. True this was the worst case, but almost every flavor was only slightly more. I'm quite disgusted with this atrocity, because the icing on the cake is that my boss scooped them like this, and I know for a fact that he knows better and is just being cheap

• Witnessed x 2
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Ok so I've been hanging off talking about this with people so I can make sure it's absolutely real, and just received an affirmative on Thursday from my occupational therapist! I am eligible to join a school program (paid off completely by Texas workforce) to learn how to do medical coding and filing for hospitals!!! It's basically secretarial work from home, I'd do a year of online training and take a certification test which will allow me to work from home for hospitals nationwide helping them sort patient information and helping hospitals go paperless! I'm very excited, and for probably the first time in my life I'm actually excited to be on a school program in any capacity without being depressed or anxious out of my mind

It gets better! I'm also getting 15 absolutely paid for sessions of group counseling for autistic adults that will help me cope and deal with things like stress, depression, anxiety, and severe moodswings and more! It's of course from home given the state of things but from what I gather it'll be over a zoom call or telehealth, both of which I've personally had great experiences with!!! :DDD

• Winner x 3
  17. Acey

FUCK YEAH DUDE!!! That’s so awesome, I’m incredibly stoked for you! <3

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Student counselor: go ahead and take this test, it's in five parts and shouldn't take more than an hour :)

Me, two hours later and only now hitting lesson two: *distressed humming noises because I am beyond the ability to properly vocalize*

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

it is... finished...... i can now Rest

but yeah i think i did decent! even if its hard to restart something i can adapt, and i will adapt. cant stop me, fuckers!!! :D :D :D

• Winner x 1
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I'm sad because I was watching a Batman clip on youtube, and it came up in conversation that harley was working as a waitress and "[made] minimum wage, plus tips" and my first thought was 'what kind of boujee ass restaurant pays full minimum wage AND let's you keep tips' and I hate this fucking mindset so much.

It very much probably stems from growing up poor as fuck along with societal stereotyping; I of course don't agree with it but I've sort of like... Given up on the idea of living without a class system that keeps poor people poor and rich people rich, and the struggle that everyone in the middle goes through their entire lives.

Just. I'm tired of being cynical and bitter.

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice