Disco Elysium [Hardcore to the mega!]

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Nobody's Home, May 12, 2020.

1. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Hello hello, made a Disco Elysium thread if anyone wanted to do chats, share work, or anything about this very fun game! This is also me just spreading how much I like the game + an extra place where I can dump fanart for everyone to see haha.

[​IMG]

Steam blurb: Disco Elysium is a groundbreaking role playing game. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.

Steam Page! (It's on a 25% sale from now to May 19 2020!)
    They're also working on console versions of the game but to my knowledge those aren't out yet

Some content warnings for the game!
    So politics is a big part of the game and you usually only get to choose their extremes (so like super communist, ultra capitalist, or big ol facist. there's also very centrist), there's misogyny, discussion of sex, discussion of rape, general bigotry, racism, child abuse, emotional abuse, substance abuse, swearing, slurs, some gun violence, discussions physical violence, suicide and suicidal ideation, discussions of war and post war times, strikes and strike breaking, discussions of religion, death (if I missed anything, I just forgot, sorry!)

Eta Unreality, break ups, homophobia
    Ok! So like here's what I like about the game!
    It's set in a pretty gritty world where the world and people can be quite harsh, but what I super love about it is that (depending on how you play factors in to an extent) that there's a framing of kindness and compassion that extends to most of the characters! I find the ways the npcs act based on their experience and motivations to be compelling, it's fun to talk to them (even the most vile characters have like, funny shit to say, while you wanna beat them up) and I also find the game to be quite funny and silly!
    I really love the player character and the way you as a player can shape him can go either way, and it works even if this character does have his own established backstory and past. I also love your ingame partner and secondary protagonist, Kim Kitsuragi! He's just like, the only valid Cop.

ok that's all I can think of for an introductory post!

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    • Like x 1
  2. kleric

kleric Member

I STILL haven't played it, tbh (I have a Beef with some people involved) (and also the content is... Too Dark For Me, Possibly) but also I have been following it forever (I have a Good Acquaintanceship with some other people involved) and am always excited to see it do well. (It's a small country thing. I also used to be all did you know we invented skype!!. :D) But from what I do know about it is that the skill system looks really cool and that the story is really good, and I would like to play it, I just probably need to be in a better headspace first. :D

• Informative x 1
  3. Nobody's Home

Anyway the game is not going anywhere, self safety first!

• Like x 1
  4. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I keep running into people who have played it or are recommending it.

5. Nobody's Home

Its decently popular and new, so there's some hype surrounding it
    For me, literally it was just one friend telling my about it, then i saw some random fanart and it reactivated my memory of the game, so I got it a week or so ago

6. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

*rolls into the thread years late* I'm finally finishing up my first run :P I got it when I was itching for something new a few months back and saw it was on Switch, and the Final Cut version no less. It's excellent. I direly want to have adventures with [REDACTED] but I know that [REDACTED] would have to get hurt for that to happen and I dunno if I can handle that :[

Also there's several very good video essays about the game around Youtube but I can't find anything on the soundtrack, which is mind-boggling- how is there not one music tuber doing analysis of the music or even just a 'reacts to' the soundtrack? None at all?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    • Agree x 1
  7. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

• Like x 2
  8. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

Went insane, did it again only twice as long.
    Harryjeankim this time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice