Dog's-Eye View (Void and Moogle RP Roundup, Closed, NSFW 18+)

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Canid Scribe, May 17, 2017.

1. Canid Scribe

Canid Scribe New Member

Currently closed RP thread for @Void (@Canid Storyteller) and @Carnivorous Moogle (@Canid Scribe) to fuck around with various worlds involving talking dogs. Will almost certainly contain gore, nsfw, and dead dove content aplenty; be warned.

Will probably add more to this first post later.

• Like x 1
  2. Canid Scribe

Canid Scribe New Member

The late afternoon light was dusty and liquid through the library's sky-window when the doorchimes rang through the stifling air and set Starling's graying ears a-twitch.

"Is that Juniper I hear?" he called mildly, and turned a page without looking up. "A good afternoon to you, if a hot one." His ears twitched again. "I hope you haven't forgotten the summoning treatise I lent you. It's a few days overdue now and I shall need it soon."

3. Canid Storyteller

Canid Storyteller New Member

It was in fact Juniper, although he certainly looked rather scruffy compared to his usual appearance. His expression was one of sleeplessness and exhaustion, and his ears constantly swiveled as if listening to something.

"Good afternoon." He mumbled as he padded his way to where Starling was reading. "Sorry, I did forget. I actually wanted to talk to you about something but... I can run back home and get that for you if you want?" If he was entirely honest, he'd forgotten his pack altogether. Even now he can remember where it was left sitting in the lounge. Rather unfortunate, as he had intended to bring that with him. But the way his life had been going lately, it's no surprise he'd shown up exhausted and forgetful. When one starts to hear whispers around every corner, and wake up every morning to vicious nightmares of things that seem horrifically plausible, it's really no surprise that he would struggle with sleep.

4. Canid Scribe

Canid Scribe New Member

Something in the hoarseness of Juniper's voice made Starling pause and look up from his book.

He was immediately taken aback by how tired Juniper looked; it had already been easy to tell the pup ran on too little sleep from day to day, but he was never this bleary or unkempt, never trembling finely with exhaustion and smelling faintly of fear-scent under too much covering oil. Ye gods, he reeked of covering oil. Under other circumstances Starling would have firmly pointed him to the door.

"Quite alright," he said, fiddling with his favorite bookmark. "It can wait, since you're here already. Are you alright, Juniper? You look..."

Terrified.

"...exhausted."

5. Canid Storyteller

It was obvious to him when Starling looked at him that he had noticed the unkempt appearance and general disarray that was his life right then. Anxiously he swallows, avoiding eye contact with the older dog.

Exhaustion had been eating at him all day, and now that it seemed he could stay for a bit... he just sits down right there, head drooped slightly. At least he knew he wouldn't be at risk for nodding off, not when another whisper wormed it's way through his ear. It was enough to momentarily startle him, and he tried valiantly to hide the way he had jumped. Pretending he was fine wasn't easy though, not while his heart raced and his bones were weary.

"I'm... yeah. I'm tired." No way to lie, he looked like he hadn't sleep for days. Which wasn't all that far off. Juniper struggled to remember the last time he'd had a full night's sleep. "It's been a rough few days. And I don't really know what to do about it... and well, you know things. About magic, and you know. Those kinds of things. I thought maybe you'd be able to help?" He sounded hopeful, although he didn't really even know where to begin on explaining what's been happening.

6. Canid Scribe

Canid Scribe New Member

Starling watched him long and hard.

Magic.

"I do know a little, yes," he said slowly. "My knowledge is more theory than practice, unfortunately, but--are you sure you're alright? Come, no one is using the cranny, come sit." He maneuvered himself upright to herd Juniper toward the cushioned, cooler, out-of-the-way corner, out of the sun, with his long body. If he startled like that again he looked like he might well collapse. "What magic is troubling you?"

7. Canid Storyteller

He didn't even bother trying to object when Starling herds him towards a spot out of the sun and more comfortable. He doesn't really know who else to ask about this, so theoretical knowledge sounds better than none at all. Juniper finds it rather nice to flop himself somewhere more comfortable, but resists the urge. Instead he just sits down and yawns, ears flicked back.

"I don't really know exactly. I... I keep having nightmares. They feel so real, and they're.... very unpleasant." But bad dreams aren't the only thing, and he's worried about how he'll sound if he admits to hearing things. "And... I don't know. Things have been happening. And I keep hearing whispers." Shame creeped itself into his guts. Maybe it had been his lack of sleep all along, and his mind was playing tricks on him. "They speak of things, but I don't really understand what it means? But... I don't know. Maybe it's just exhaustion."

It wasn't, considering he'd heard the whispers before the nightmares started. But now they had gotten more frequent, more urgent. Sadly the pup had no real idea what it was talking about, but he wished he did.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice