Don´t Make A Fuss (Personal Ramble)

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Codeless, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

BG: I am Half German, half American, living in Germany. I have Opinions on Nazis and the like. This thread is not the place for that. Maybe I´m not allowed to, as a non-jew, but I can only discuss the holocaust in very small doses before it fucks up my mental health.

On to the actual topic. I ran into this post, and had the most conflicting feelings. I agreed with it, and wanted to reblog it. But it had strong language, what if i offend X?
    I decided right outweighs peoples being offended. ok.

So I reblog it. The post talks about upsetting things. usually I tag such things depressing shit. But doing so might subtly give people the message that i am valuing someones comfort over truth. On the other hand, I myself want people to tag upsetting things, even important ones, so I can read without messing up my mental health. In the end I tagged it #depressing #but important, since that is simply the truth.

And then I decided to ramble about my feelings about it here, because the entire thought process made it very obvious to me how deeply not making a fuss is ingrained in me.
    Don´t complain, don´t cry, don´t talk too loudly or too passionately.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  2. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Damn, you're practically British.

3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I even like tea. No idea where this comes from, my dad is Texan with some scotch in!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice