Dragon Age RP?

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by KarrinBlue, Dec 25, 2015.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I kinda want to do a play-by-post game in the DA setting. Whether it'd be something like 'all the Wardens/Hawkes/Inquisitors meet in a liminal tavern' or a more normal RP, either sounds like a fun idea to me. Anyone else interested?

• Like x 1
  2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

3. KarrinBlue

My Warden, for the record, is one Meirit Surana, former Circle mage, arcane warrior, and GODDESS OF DESTRUCTION traveling Grey Warden. She is fond of puns, Zevran, her dog, and her beloved sword Spellweaver. After the Blight she basically skipped out to travel the world, first going to Seheron with Sten, then heading to the nearest bit of the mainland and, through various means of transport, heading through all kinds of interesting places, learning lots of fun things about local cultures (and their ways of doing magic.)

4. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

I might be interested in this :>

5. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Wardens/Hawkes/Inquisitors sounds really cool..........

6. KarrinBlue

What're your PCs like?

7. blue

My Warden/Inquisitor Berit Surana(vellan) is an outwardly polite and inquisitive, internally screaming disaster with a tendency to get intensely devoted crushes on straight girls and a complicated relationship with Leliana (dated her as second-best to Morrigan, was really cute and romantic but that was as much of a front as her normal politeness, post Origins realized saving the world hadn't fixed her difficulty with feelings and faked her own death and fucked off to the Dalish, then became Inquisitor which necessarily brought them back in contact...).

• Like x 1
  8. KarrinBlue

I thought of a setting! Basically if you've read Sandman, then something like the tavern at the world's end, where there's a giant storm and our characters all get separated from parties, ending up at a just-large-enough building from no discernible time period or nation, where they talk and trade stories and whatever to wait the storm out. Does that sound fun to anyone but me?

• Like x 3
  9. blue

And they start to notice strange similarities in their stories.... o: O: 0:

(it might also be fun to play a hushed-whispers!bad end or champions-of-the just!envy inquisitor..)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    • Like x 1
  10. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I have...

Lux Tabris, smol nonbinary city elf who had zero patience for all the bullshit being The Hero of Ferelden brought, ended up fucking off to the Dalish to be in the place that sucks least for the elves while nursing a bad case of PTSD with the help of his supportive elf boyfriend.

Diana Hawke, buff butch lesbian with ABSOLUTE ZERO fucks to give and who'd gladly punch every single person she knows except her sweet sister and her beautiful and pure elf girlfriend. By the time of Inquisition she's mellowed out a bit thanks to helping her girlfriend and just getting out of the toxic environment of Kirkwall.

Orion Lavellan, objective, straighforward, resilient and yet a beautiful cinnamon roll who made friends with everyone and genuinely believes there's some good in all people.
    Lost his clan, lost his gods and his Inquisition, lost his fUCKING ARM and now his boyfriend's in Tevinter and he can't go visit without being mistaken for a slave half the time*.
    Still believes he and his friends will somehow make everything better.

and finally, from my 2nd playthrough (which is still in Origins),

Mélusine Cousland, berserker who carries a sword taller than they are, looks like a princess but wishes they were a Golem half the time because hopefully if they were gigantic and made of stone they wouldn't have to deal with dysphoria, is gonna become "Queen Cousland" and probably end up transitioning as best they can in the DA universe (also, they

* Actually, in Orion's case specifically I am OT3 trash... I ship him, Dorian and Cole............. bury me in the garbage where I belonggggg...........

Anyway this means his OTHER boyfriend found a cute girlfriend and though none of them mind this setup Cole's been going around the countryside with Maryden a lot leaving Orion entirely boyfriendless for MONTHS at a time which is UNACCEPTABLE

• Like x 1
  11. KarrinBlue

Oh, don't you also have a Surana character? Feel like I remember reading something by you about that...

12. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I don't! That in fact isn't even one of my Four Planned Playthroughs (cough which will probably be more than 4 with Origins and Inquisition cough)

13. KarrinBlue

Oh, ok, then I was thinking of someone else on tumblr. They had an Orion Lavellan and also an Omar Surana so I got confused.

• Like x 1
  14. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

I have a male warrior Trevelyan I'm very, very fond of (though he's a jerk :B) that I could throw in, though I might have to bow out if the RP develops into something too much like a panfandom dressing room; (those always kinda confuse and overwhelm me pretty quickly- no judgment, just not my cuppa joe).

My only concern about the 'tavern at the end of the world' type concept is that it'd be nice to have something for our epic heroes to do other than chat about how their various playthroughs differed :B but that might still be fun!

15. KarrinBlue

Eh, it was just an idea for a starting point - I just don't have an idea for what all the characters to do!

16. blue

I really like @KarrinBlue's setting idea, if only because I am disproportionately fond of cozy huddling in the face of inclement weather. (Not necessarily people being cozy with each other, just.. warmth and small spaces.. I'm tired and can't words.)

Edit: At least to start, anyway.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    • Like x 2
  17. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Oh I've seen them! Coincidentally only saw that AFTER I named my Orion Lavellan.

• Like x 1
  18. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

And RE: setting... I imagine after taverning up they could go on some Cool Adventures, but the lighthearted type like "hey let's investigate these strange demonic glyphs"

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice