Driving is getting dangerous for no reason

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Void, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

So uh, every time I have gotten behind the wheel of a car in the last month or so I suddenly just feel tired. Like bam, sit down and start driving and then I want to nap. I like driving, so this is strange.

But it is dangerous because I have trouble seeing and focusing while in that state. I have no idea how to fix it, because I have tried everything. Food before, water, napping earlier, coffee... Nothing helps. :c I am worried I will hurt myself or someone else.

2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

prescription lens check maybe?
    it could be that your eyes decided that driving is tiresome because you need glasses/need different prescription lenses?
    Otherwise check with doctors about all medications you take for whether tiredness in weird situations could be the cause.
    maybe get a citrusy or minty smell into your car, that tends to wake me up some?

(Just throwing suggestions out I am obviously not qualified in the least since I don't even have a license of my own)

3. Void

I got new glasses about a year ago, I don't think they're bad yet. :c

I might mention it to my psychologist though.

Citrus maybe, but Mont puts me to sleep

4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

do you feel tired before or after you start the engine?

my first thought was carbon monoxide poisoning. D:

5. Void

After, but it is always just me. I usually have others in the car with me when I go places. Takes a few minutes of driving and then suddenly it is sleep time. Tired when I get done too, or stop.

6. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Does it happen when you're riding too or only driving?

7. Void

Just driving

8. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Get your blood sugar checked. I felt like this when I was developing problems in that area.

9. Void

I have no money to pay a copay to do that is the problem. If my blood sugar is fucked, I can't do anything about it

10. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Sometimes drugstores do free testing days, at least where I've been. It's just one possibility though.

11. Void

Maybe it is I just don't know anymore cuz it is worse in the morning and early afternoon. Half the time I refuse to drive before noon because I cannot see straight enough

12. IvyLB

Just a super dumb question: Do you eat breakfast? And what do you eat? Is it possible to eat something more blood sugar effective (Like bananas or like granola bars or musli rather than overly sugary cereal?) for breakfast for you?
    Take a thing of juice with you for driving? Like orange juice or apple juice or something?

13. Void

I never have time to eat breakfast. And we never have any juice in the house.

14. IvyLB

well sounds like that might be why your blood sugar is in the drains in the mornings :(
    I know it sounds like a lot of fuss but if it's possible for you to get up half an hour earlier you should be able to eat at least a small thing and see if that helps any?

15. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I really think that it might not actually be safe for you to drive until you have this problem under control, unfortunately :(

• Like x 1
  16. Void

I would get up earlier if I wasn't so exhausted in the mornings. Like I sleep poorly, so getting up is difficult at best.

I seem to be okay in late afternoon, but poor night vision means I don't drive at night a lot.

17. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Low bloodsugar can fuck up your sleep too. I know if i dont eat at night i take forever to fall asleep and then wake up every few hours.

18. Void

.... That is exactly my problem. Like falling asleep and staying asleep is hell

19. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Try eating something with protien right before you go to bed. Warm milk and peanutbutter toast is my go-to.

20. Void

I will try that! I tend to have four plus hours between dinner and sleep so maybe snacks will help

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice